Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » David Attenborough - Climate Change the facts

Old 18-04-19, 08:14 PM   #1
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default David Attenborough - Climate Change the facts

12 minutes in and scary stuff already.

Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 06:44 AM   #2
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Oh dear. Dont worry, its all hype and made up.

Scarier stuff than all that junk science is this behaviour from the climate community who keep trying to silence dissenters.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/04/...ridd-wins-big/

For some perspective on attenburgers "we're all going to die!" bullshine, https://wattsupwiththat.com/

Oh and another interesting one, Climate cults....https://culteducation.com/warningsigns.html

I did like this one as it aligns directly with the likes of attenburgers doom predictions, non of whioch have yet shown up..." The Climate Change movement always shouts out revised and updated apocalypse predictions, eerily reminiscent of the stereotypical bum on the sidewalk with that “The End Is Near” sign.

“The world will end in X years if we don’t do X” is the constant refrain.

The years always pass, and the apocalypse never happens.Interestingly, this is a characteristic of multiple religious cults (such as the Seekers of Chicago, and the Order of the Solar Temple)."

So as always, Dont believe the Hype!

Last edited by 4v6; 19-04-19 at 06:50 AM.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 06:51 AM   #3
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I’m sorry you’d have to be simple to believe that it’s all a hoax.

Did you even watch the programme?

Old 19-04-19, 01:37 PM   #4
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I haven't watched it yet but I will, knowledgeable chap is Sir David.

John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 01:55 PM   #5
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

He’s about as authoritative voice as you’ll get

There’s an overwhelming body of proper scientific evidence that all adds to essentially the same thing, which is worrying.

The majority of us won’t live to see the worst of it but the people who follow us will.

You can quote the internet all you want to decry it but there morons out there ‘proving’ the Earth is flat.

David Attenborough climate change TV show a 'call to arms' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47988337
Old 19-04-19, 05:12 PM   #6
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
He’s about as authoritative voice as you’ll get
Appeals to authority dont constitute the reality of the situation which is simply- nothing to see here. You simply cannot make a judgement on tempeartures at this point in the earths lifetime and attribute them to humans because one aspect seems to corroborate a hunch.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Quote:
There’s an overwhelming body of proper scientific evidence that all adds to essentially the same thing, which is worrying.
You mean "The consensus". Real science doesnt work on consensus, it works on testable hypothesis which are then proven/disproven.
That situation currently does not exist in so called climate science because dissenters are silenced, harassed, obstructed, banned and threatened all because their scientific work refuses to fit the garbage data that climate warmists spoon feed each other and to an ignorant and gullible public.
For example some idiot on sky news was reading the papers and an article he was quoting led him to make the following moron statement; " yes you can really feel the heat in the summers nowadays".
Oh really? How? Since 27 degrees on a monday is exactly the same as 27 degrees on a tuesday, all claptrap.

Quote:
The majority of us won’t live to see the worst of it but the people who follow us will.
Nonsense. None of whats been published thus far is in any way convincing, Mad max scenarios arent based on anything other than wishful thinking and GIGO data sets.
I want to see un-massaged data from surface stations that arent polluted with the UHI effect such as those sited at heathrow airport...I mean who sites a temperature station on an airport where its subject to jet blast?
Only those who want to skew temps in an upward direction to make it appear hotter than it is.

Quote:
You can quote the internet all you want to decry it but there morons out there ‘proving’ the Earth is flat.
And those morons I also question. On one of my many rides out Ive come across stickers saying "Flat water flat earth".....
What I wont do is take the word of a tv programme host whos done a few artsy bits of work and is then placed on a pedestal as though his word is gods.
Its not and neither is he, in fact I reckon hes a bit too eager to be on board with a movement that at its best is less than honest, even greenpeaces co- founder says so.
https://youtu.be/RkdbSxyXftc

Quote:
David Attenborough climate change TV show a 'call to arms' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47988337
Yeah watch it if you want to be convinced the sky will fall in on us next year....or maybe not.

Oh btw, that link- Notice it comes up as "entertainment" on the bbc.

Last edited by 4v6; 19-04-19 at 05:17 PM.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 05:45 PM   #7
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I’m sorry but you’re talking bollocks

It’s been his life’s work, I’m prepared to accept he knows what he’s talking about, you, I’m not so sure

Yes you can pick holes in any large piece of scientific work however that doesn’t mean it’s all wrong.

Convincing to who? You? Scientists who have professionally studied the field all of their lives and who, with few exceptions, are saying that climate change is here and it’s man made.
If they were trying to tell you how to grind a head then fair enough I’d listen to you, but it’s their field of expertise so I’m minded to their point of view.

Heathrow??? I’m sorry but there’s a huge amount of evidence from agencies worldwide that the worlds hotter and getting hotter, that’s just disingenuous nonsense from you there.

I think this is another subject where we’ll need to agree to disagree. At least Trump agrees with you, he’s an expert on this subject apparently.

Old 19-04-19, 07:23 PM   #8
terrywindy1
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I watched programme last and was a bit worried
But very reassured now I now going to ignore overwhelming scientific evidence
And listen to some bloke on a car forum
terrywindy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 07:30 PM   #9
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It's frightening for sure yet people refuse to give up their old dirty diesels.

1000's dying early in London each year due to the diesel pollution. There was a program on the BBC recently about it.

Yes Attenboroughs program was excellent last night and the following program if any of you saw it on BBC4 was very hard hitting backed up with current living testament / evidence.

Called Storyville 'The Age of Stupid' - There's a glacier in the French alps that an 82 year old man still climbs / guides and he has witnessed since 1945 the glacier disappear loosing 150meters in depth. It's truly shocking.........

It's shocking when you consider than during Attenboroughs 90 years of life the worlds population has doubled. All creating and causing pollution.

The pollution man creates is obscene but that's big business for you, they're the ones driving it and it won't stop only get worse. The people just follow like sheep. The Eu needs shooting, they encourage it no end, with just one nonsense moving the Parliament backwards and forwards on a monthly basis. Then there's all the backwards and forwards of parts several times across the channel to make one car! The Mini crosses than channel 3 times it madness!

Then there's the 1000's of polluting lorries everyday bringing stuff from all over Europe up through Dover that we no longer make here! Where is the joined up thinking? There isn't any, just short sightedness in the name of big politics big business money and profit because someone in Eastern Europe can make it cheaper. On a side note but relevant Britain almost lost all it's steel making capabilities due to the Eu, thank god it didn't in the end, i'm talking about Port Talbot. A country that isn't self sufficient is at the mercy of others.

It's been on my mind for a long time now but why can't we go back to the times when every Country, town and village was more self sufficient? It would save so much pollution, not to mention plastic packaging fuel and resources.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 08:42 PM   #10
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

We’ve just PX a Diesel Land Rover for an Audi S3...

We are surfing the love as eco warriors now...

Seriously though, there really is nothing new under the sun, the future is shown in the past.