Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 1991 20v UR Quattro Coupe

Old 04-10-08, 09:09 PM   #11
Booty
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyjenks View Post
You know in the first instance at the dealers when it was new. Therefore when it did sell it would be new ( if a couple of years old ) on whatever reg was out then, hence a K plate.
2017 Mercedes GLA 220
Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 08:39 AM   #12
gabriel.oconnell
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

if i had sold my lancia delta instead been dicked arounfd by ashole and scammer i would go for this car i LOVE IT
gabriel.oconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 10:26 AM   #13
MikeNZ
Grown up member

I didn't actually think prices had risen - more that they hadn't gone down (back in the late 90s a decent RR was around £15K, while a decent WR was around £7.5K - still about the same now). You still get the dreamers wanting £14K for a WR (on PH at the moment) and then someone lucky gets a runner in need of a tidy-up for £2.5K (poster on this forum), so there is still quite a spread.

In any case Urs are still a cheap to buy classic car compared to Porsches, Astons etc. And more useable.
MikeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 11:11 AM   #14
gabriel.oconnell
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

yes you are right last year i brought my qoattro for £5,500 this car had a 12 mot m o t , but under close looks the mb engine b reg car ended up a year later with over £4,700.00 of parts along to give it a better standard and drive like a quattro should go like but there you are what ever ols car you buy it will cost on parts to put it right as i have fond out on all my cars lately but a very good mb fetch with low mileage 11.5k and wr fetch no probs £7k and the rr which are rare fetch between £10 to £18k for good one ,i even seen a rr version for sale for 329K WITH LOW MILEAGE YES 18K FRON NEW THESE CARS NEW WHERE OVER £30K BACK IN THE DAY
Old 05-10-08, 11:34 AM   #15
Baggee
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I wonder if prices will fall now. What with all this credit crunch and recession they keep talking about. Could be some bargains to be found over the next 12 months. I'd love a UR or RR but got nowhere to put anither car. I couldn't leave it out in all weatheres. Do other people leave their classic Audi's out or do they pampr them
Baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 11:51 AM   #16
PeterB
You absolute shower!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggee View Post
I wonder if prices will fall now. What with all this credit crunch and recession they keep talking about. Could be some bargains to be found over the next 12 months. I'd love a UR or RR but got nowhere to put anither car. I couldn't leave it out in all weatheres. Do other people leave their classic Audi's out or do they pampr them
I think you may indeed find a bargain if there was someone desperate to sell. I bought my first RR for under £11k a few years back, and it's worth a lot more now. I thought that prices were actually a bit lower in the late nineties and seem to have crept up since.

My current car is kept outside, albeit under a decent cover (i.e. expensive!). Though I would like to garage it as soon as I am able to.

Btw, an RR is a ur. The WR, MB and RR are all ur-quattro's. It's the owners that seem to have labelled the types according to their engine codes.
PeterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 11:56 AM   #17
gabriel.oconnell
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

sorry mine in double garage with expensive cover and both cars alarmed locked and alsdo the whole of the house outside got cctv fitted properly only used with oil changed ever 2000k reguardless with plenty of parts in back up
Old 05-10-08, 12:03 PM   #18
PeterB
You absolute shower!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.oconnell View Post
sorry mine in double garage with expensive cover and both cars alarmed locked and alsdo the whole of the house outside got cctv fitted properly only used with oil changed ever 2000k reguardless with plenty of parts in back up
Sounds spot-on that Gabriel. Ideal in fact.
PeterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 03:02 PM   #19
Baggee
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.oconnell View Post
Good job I dont change my oil every 2k. I'd be doing an oil change about every 7 yrs lol. I just have it serviced every 12 months when the MOT's due regardless. Mine is kept at my mom's in her garage. Got my wife's mini cabrio in our garage. Now the winters due that is where hers will stay unless we get some decent days.
Baggee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 06:15 PM   #20
Jenks
Grown up member

@bootyrallyrep Sorry I misunderstood your comment I thought you meant nobody wanted it, not that the dealer held it back unregistered.
I once read an article in a magazine about a red 20v ur that a main dealer in northampton (I think) had still not registered in '96. Wonder where it is now and what its value would be?
Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote