Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » The Isle Of Man Tour ! 2017

Old 12-01-17, 02:34 PM   #1
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default The Isle Of Man Tour ! 2017

Following on from this..... http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=35399 and others!

I've had this idea for a while now, a proper tour over land and water and taking in unrestricted roads......ok it's been done on previous Scottish tours but this one would be legal!!

Hopefully this will appeal to all and would get interest from many CA members......unless you're on the IOM* then we'll all be travelling overseas to get there!!

Most folks will know that the island is home to both the TT and Manx Grand Prix motorcycle races, as well as classic car rallies. It's a fantastic place steeped in history, has fantastic scenery, lovely people...........and the mountain road between Ramsay and Douglas is one of the roads that should be on any petrol head's bucket list!

Getting to the island on Friday with a view to having a gathering on Saturday morning and then a lap of the infamous TT Circuit perhaps with a stop on the mountain?........Saturday afternoon could be spent shopping with your better half or some might prefer to just keep lapping the circuit in their Audi!......and then a gathering late afternoon/evening at maybe Ramsay promenade??.....or Peel harbour for a chippy?

Sunday could kick off with meeting at Jurby, at the Motor Museum......which has everything from cars, bikes, buses, a tank and traction engine!......also on a former RAF site so maybe some runway action could be had if we booked ahead?!

I'm proposing Friday 31st March-Sunday 2nd April ....... or Friday 7th-Sunday 9th April ?? ................but ultimately getting there for Saturday morning and staying 'till Sunday, some might prefer to go back on the Monday?

Ferry is looking to be about £200 return........ https://www.steam-packet.com/Offers
Accommodation varies....... https://www.visitiom.co.uk/travel-and-accommodation/
Lots to do for families....... https://www.bing.com/search?q=Isle+o...ons&FORM=QSRE2

All the above is just ideas and the main thing would be to get some old Audis together, to meet some like minded folks and enjoy the island for a few days.

I've posted on theS2forum too.

Who's up for this?......I'm hoping due to location it will appeal to many.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 03:17 PM   #2
Tun
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Yep I'm up for it
Old 12-01-17, 03:20 PM   #3
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Nice one Royston
Old 12-01-17, 08:11 PM   #4
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Very ambitious meet idea John, all credit to you

Unfortunately I can't make it as I'm already committed both weekends

If your sailing from Heysham though I might just be there to wave you all off!
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 09:50 AM   #5
Eddy
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Aye sounds good, would prefer a bit later in the year tho, weather might be better too ?

Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-17, 11:17 AM   #6
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Aye sounds good, would prefer a bit later in the year tho, weather might be better too ?

My thinking was regards to car:motorbike ratio, I'm hoping the roads won't be as busy.
Old 19-02-17, 06:02 PM   #7
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

A wee bump on this one, and going for Friday 7th - Sunday 9th April as the date.

Royston, how's this for you?

Mike on S2forum, hopefully good for him too.

I have a few other's half interested but we'll see ?!

Old 19-02-17, 07:47 PM   #8
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Hope you get a good few for this John

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-17, 07:51 PM   #9
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
Hope you get a good few for this John

Aye, we'll see.
Old 19-02-17, 08:01 PM   #10
radford1964
Grown up member

Default i.o.m tour

HI there guys would loved to have tagged along but i,m going for the TT. i worked there and lived there for about 10 years . loved it as there are a lot of classic car fans and bike fans too. the ice cream shop in peel is pretty good.its on the front next to the beach.. also if you guys like kippers then your going to like the manx kippers . for somewhere to stay try the empress hotel its in douglas on the sea front about a 5 minutes drive from the ferry terminal.there are lots of b&bs on the front that are very good so you,ll probably get a good deal.. and the car museum is a MUST. its owned by an irish gent called dennis he is very approachable and very friendly . he has a keen eye for all things with wheels and that are a wee bit different. he even has a an american fire engine with a HUGE trailer it even has its own steering wheel. my favourite was an e34 m5 estate that bmw never made in rhd form i don,t think anyway. it might be an idea to email him and ask him for a group discount ( worth a try ) he is also meant to own 2 x 3100 capri,s . there is a good wee cafe nxt to the museum aswell food was not bad. its a converted army shed i think. and there is a old petrol station near the museum with a few run down cars outside it too.the mountain road is a good drive but remember there are a few unmarked motorbikes there begging to catch out the non manx plated cars. when i was there last year i seen a few older audi,s but the weather was kind and they looked like show cars too.don,t be surpised if you see a few nice cars as there is T V work on the island most of the year. parking can be an issue if your on the front so be careful . very jealous i can,t come i think it will be a great wee run out. OH and they accept scottish bank notes too as long as there real. remember also fuel will be a wee bit more expensive too. good luck to those who go over.
radford1964 is offline   Reply With Quote