Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Cornish meet up (The magnificent 3 !)

Old 28-11-16, 05:44 PM   #11
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Loving the pics guys!!
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 06:13 PM   #12
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

'Twas a tad chilly, but the company was warm and welcoming.
I'd been threatening to invade the neighbourhood for quite some time, but with various work interruptions, time flies by, and then summer has gone.
I've finally met up with Frank; we spent a fair bit of time talking planes and cars, much to Mrs Frank's bemusement.

It's only a short drive down, and spring is not far away. Like a dodgy Austrian politician- I'll be back.
Old 28-11-16, 06:41 PM   #13
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
Like a dodgy Austrian politician- I'll be back.
Asta lavista baby.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-16, 09:57 PM   #14
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Well, all I can add is that it was a real pleasure to meet up with Mark and Jake, and just a great shame we couldn't drag in Jonatan and Tristan, two more ( relatively ) local CA members who for various reasons couldn't join....admittedly at ridiculously short notice.

Next time guys.

As for Mrs Flying Frank........well I think a combination of open " hanger door" AND "garage doors" was reason enough for her to leave us to our own devices and we certainly found plenty to chat about.

Hopefully we can organise something similar next year , but with a bit more notice and if we could get a few days organised, for those of you who are not familiar with the delights Cornwall has to offer, we could do a few days of " touring around". I might even be able to get a session in on Perranporth Airfield if we gave them enough notice where we would have the runways to ourselves for perhaps half a day , plenty of scope then to see who has the fastest set of wheels in town....Just a thought!

Thanks to Jake and Mark for making the trek down to see us. It certainly brightened up a few days for me. Here's to the next time and let's not leave it too long.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote