Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » Shocky noise

Old 07-09-13, 09:30 PM   #1
Subsea7
Grown up member

Default Shocky noise

My rear passenger shocky (area) makes a clicking / clunking on a dropped or rough surface, lots on a rough surface in fact, the last guy gave me a shocky insert and 2 x top rubber bushes (big castellated ones) but I cant see how to expose the top of the rear shock. Its quiet over a speed bump and smooth so is it loose at the top? dunno. The noise seems high up, inside the car. Clattery.

Also the front passenger spring creaks and twangs when turning the steering?

Next, when I let in the clutch too quick, I get a thump under my feet, im thinking g/box mount at the rear, anyone concur or advise different?

Lastly the shift is sloppy, is there a ghetto fix to tighten it up? Anyone got a pic of the mechanism?

Cheers!
Subsea7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-13, 11:48 AM   #2
timmyB4
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsea7 View Post
My rear passenger shocky (area) makes a clicking / clunking on a dropped or rough surface, lots on a rough surface in fact, the last guy gave me a shocky insert and 2 x top rubber bushes (big castellated ones) but I cant see how to expose the top of the rear shock. Its quiet over a speed bump and smooth so is it loose at the top? dunno. The noise seems high up, inside the car. Clattery.

Also the front passenger spring creaks and twangs when turning the steering?

Next, when I let in the clutch too quick, I get a thump under my feet, im thinking g/box mount at the rear, anyone concur or advise different?

Lastly the shift is sloppy, is there a ghetto fix to tighten it up? Anyone got a pic of the mechanism?

Cheers!

do all the bushes , strip down i am afraid
timmyB4 is offline   Reply With Quote