Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Calling All Central Scotland Audi Owners

Old 02-11-17, 11:17 PM   #11
Cynical26
Grown up member

Yup, I’m in. Blowing exhaust and all.
Cynical26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 08:54 AM   #12
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

John has problems with his broadband but will be there, nice frosty morning and I forgot to wash the coupe last night Dame Dame Dame, it will need to be a cats lick, see you all at Elginhaugh Farm 11am.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 04:54 PM   #13
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Well that's me home safe and sound after our meeting in Lasswade today for a breakfast, I think it all went well, a good turn out of eight and six cars, all Audi's for a change, nice to see other faces form south of the boarder, weather was very kind to us, yes it was cold but nice and bright.

John's 1.9tdi Avant with the pooch in the back.

After the meeting I did take the long way via Galashiels and Peebles then back home, if this wasn't a meeting day I would have had one of the cars out anyway for a run to stretch its legs on a nice Sunday, hope you all had a safe journey home and as good as mine was.
PS. We bit short on photos and had to use my phone.
Old 05-11-17, 06:15 PM   #14
Cynical26
Grown up member

Was a good wee meet today. Was nice to meet some new guys too. Weather was spot on, if a litte on the sharp side.

I’ll stick up a couple of the photos I took too, not that they’re much different from yours Colin.

Who knows, one day I might even get to see your UR and Mike’s S2. Beginning to think they don’t exist
Cynical26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 06:57 PM   #15
luapkram
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Enjoyed meeting forum members today and good time had. As Gee and Colin says it was nice but nippy, especially with no hair ;-). My son was zoned out at times with all the car talk ����. I am glad The meet was enjoyable as the football after was certainly not!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
luapkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 07:07 PM   #16
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Nice photo's of nice cars (and dog )

Thanks for sharing
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 07:40 PM   #17
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical26 View Post
Who knows, one day I might even get to see your UR and Mike’s S2. Beginning to think they don’t exist
One day I might let you see the Ur quattro, until then you are stuck with the coupe Gt or Golf for your viewing pleasure
Old 05-11-17, 08:53 PM   #18
mackenzie50
Grown up member

One of those lovely late Autumn days before they lash the Winter road salt down again. Good to see the line up!
mackenzie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 04:22 PM   #19
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks for organising. was a good turnout.
Old 09-11-17, 04:51 PM   #20
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
Well that's me home safe and sound after our meeting in Lasswade today for a breakfast, I think it all went well, a good turn out of eight and six cars, all Audi's for a change, nice to see other faces form south of the boarder, weather was very kind to us, yes it was cold but nice and bright. hope you all had a safe journey home and as good as mine was.
PS. We bit short on photos and had to use my phone.
Thanks for organising it, Colin and it was good to meet some fellow Audi enthusiasts, we seem to be a bit thin on the ground here.

I also took several pics but would duplicate what you have already posted so here are some I took on our way home.

After the coldest night of the year in North Yorkshire we stopped over the top of Egton High Moor:

One of the sheep licking at the road salt:

Posing outside the entrance to Petwood Hotel, formerly the officers' mess for RAF Woodhall Spa where 617 Dambusters Squadron was formed in 1942. The hotel has become a memorial to 617 Squadron and is one of the most remarkable places I have ever stayed at:

Just as we were leaving for East Kirkby where Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" is housed as a living memorial to Pilot Offcer C M Panton, a chap came over to enthuse about the Audi. He is into SAABs (takes all sorts) but thought our Audi was just superb. Bumped into him and his wife several times later on at East Kirkby where Just Jane is undergoing some maintenance ready for next season.
A taxy ride is now on my bucket list.

Audi is now waiting for the body shop to be available to do the windscreen repair and then will be put away for the winter.

Last edited by SwallownAmazon; 09-11-17 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spullin
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote