Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » In-Car entertainment » Rear speaker wiring colours

Old 01-07-11, 11:43 AM   #1
Andy-M
Grown up member

Default Rear speaker wiring colours

Sorry if this topic seems to been covered before but after much searching cannot come up with the right answer. Trying to sort the mess of wiring to my head unit which was going well until i came the rear speakers. Theres a red plug with 7 wires coming out of it.
Now without pulling the rear panels off to see what colours go to which speakers any ideas anyone what goes were? or what colour wire goes were. There nothing on the web that i can find............. help.
Andy-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 11:55 AM   #2
MadderThanMax
Grown up member

I'm not being funny here mate but what car/year/model is it? Can you take photos and upload so that we can see ..

All these things will help 'cos at present my Crystal Ball is fully booked for the next two weeks with my own fleet.
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 01:04 PM   #3
Andy-M
Grown up member

Its a 1995 b4 16v coupe. Theres a red iso plug that fits into the back of the headunit which powers the rear speakers. Whats happened prevous owner cut 4 of the wires from the plug. Now re-wiring the plug but don't know what colour does were or does what. Picture to follow.
Andy-M is offline   Reply With Quote