Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Adrian Flux - beware of hidden charges

Old 25-07-16, 02:08 PM   #1
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Adrian Flux - beware of hidden charges

I thought I had a good deal when I had them insure my cabrio, but as it turns out if you cancel the policy there are hidden charges, commissions and so on...

One to scratch of the list forever in my case, really sly with the T&Cs, make sure you read as much of them as you can!
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-16, 03:33 PM   #2
andya
Classic Audi Club Member

If it's a charge to cancel say halfway through a year, then Adrian flux isn't the only one, in fact most insurance companies do this. Their all the same....

andya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-16, 07:10 PM   #3
F6RTY
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Nothing new there from Flux! Here's a very recent thread on them on the Mustang Owners Club of which I'm a member:

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...ian-F-ing-Flux

I've had a couple of policies from them but thankfully they went full term.

Alan
F6RTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-16, 07:47 PM   #4
Minty
Classic Audi Club Member

I've insured with Flux in recent years & have found them very good.

My classic policies cost about £90 a year for each of my GT's. At that price they probably only make £30 profit, so it isn't realistic to expect either a refund if you cancel or to make changes without being charged.
1986 GT 2.0 Tornado Red - long gone
2001 A6 2.4 V6 - exported to Ireland
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-16, 07:37 AM   #5
farmer phil
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
I've insured with Flux in recent years & have found them very good.

My classic policies cost about £90 a year for each of my GT's. At that price they probably only make £30 profit, so it isn't realistic to expect either a refund if you cancel or to make changes without being charged.
Until there is a problem we had four cars insured with them then we had a accident in a car park which should have been 50/50 but when we spoke to them about the case they were very evasive and would not look at the evidence in the end we were in the position to change the car which had been in the crash ( which had no damage that is how slight the crash was ) they would not insure the replacement car they stated "that due to the claim against you at this time we can not insure any car which you want to change until the claim is settled " I was stunned by there response.As a farmer I have a combined motor policy with another company I spoke to them and told them about this situation and within two days all the cars were transferred to them .Flux was liveried and tried to say that we would lose are no claim bonus to which I stated that I had a better one else where .My farm insurance combined policy is a bit more expensive ,but at least I can speak to some one who I can trust Flux is just out to get you to pay your money, when there is a problem and you need help they try to get out of any obligation to the policy holder ,cheap insurance is cheap because the service is cheap I would never go back to them for any insurance ,you only get what you pay for .
farmer phil is offline   Reply With Quote