Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Just what I've been waiting for.

Old 13-07-07, 08:32 AM   #1
Tarka
German Language Assistant
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Just what I've been waiting for.

Hi everyone. A relaxed classic Audi community is exactly what I've been looking for over the past few years! I've researched my interest all over the place on a few boring US and UK forums and a couple of stuffy German type specific forums.

I have a particular interest in the first generation Audi 80 (Typ82). I've got two in various states of repair.

A 1976 80L which is the first generation with single round headlights. Its a 2 owner 90,000mile car which is currently asleep in my garage. Bought it off an old boy who lives round the corner - its not been taxed since 1985!! This ones a slow burner while I decide what to do with it.

I also have a 1977 80 GLS, again a Typ 82 but this time with the facelift which meant square headlights and long taillights that you also get on the Typ81 model. This is a 2 owner 77,000 mile car and was bought for £80 on ebay! I'm working on this one at the moment in readiness for the Retro Rides show at Mallory Park in August.

Both of these will be modified - just incase there are any flat caps out there I'll apologise now!

Pics and details threads to follow.

By the way, I speak, read and write fluent German so if anyone needs help with parts etc from the Fatherland then just drop me a line.

Cheers
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-07, 08:37 AM   #2
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Welcome fella! Have been waiting for you to register on here! Glad you've found it!

Now get some pics up!

I'll take my flat cap off for now don't worry!
I'm chewing over poppin some 100 spoke rims on a '72 100LS at the moment!
Not sure if they'd suit though!!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote