Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Brexit stuff.

Old 31-01-19, 09:38 PM   #101
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Apologies for this one, fb users only as i just cannot find this on you-tube but it was posted by a fb friend i believe or it just come through to my feed. Anyway.............

https://www.facebook.com/nigelfarage...2788488108404/

He really is spot on.

And just for some balance.....................

Youtube this one so yea! Skip to 9.06 - 10.40 for the best bit imo. I found this clip on fb but the 1 minute clip wasn't on you-tube so found the best alternative the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/5hZCro-hOZM

I just listened to whole thing and it's a great speech!

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 31-01-19 at 10:20 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 10:11 AM   #102
William Blyth
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Reasons to leave.Brexit stuff

I think the current comments and insults by Donald Tusk ( president of the European council) and now Guy Verhofstadt sum up why I want to leave the EU. Both Belgium and Poland were occupied by groups of people who wanted to rule Europe by force, perhaps they should remember that, and protect democracy or at least the best we can get in this day and age.
Why should EU members tell me what to do and insult me when I don't want to do what they want. I'm not stupid and understand we need to trade but I voted to leave and leave means leave and not what is going on- we will leave with this deal or that deal, sod any blackmailing we should just leave, no payments to EU no trade deals - LEAVE and LEAVE NOW
Thank god some car shows are coming up in a few months
William Blyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 10:38 AM   #103
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Ahhh yes, remember the war!!

Ungrateful Europe, what are they like?!?!

Anybody else the rabbits caught in the headlamps on the day after the referendum that were Johnson and Gove.

Latest polls make interesting reading

Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 11:19 AM   #104
William Blyth
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Belgium as we all know was occupied, and so was Poland occupied twice in recent history, but this its not about any wars (wars are complicated with many different and opposing interests ) but what is common is the aggressor or the victor thrusting their views on the people. I don't see the EU as the enemy but I do see them the suppressor, the undemocratic occupier's in my life. The EU could have been good if it locked after the normal person of Europe and not just the powerful and rich. It had years to prove it was a good thing, and in my eyes it did not do that. Like any toxic marriage it should end.
Old 07-02-19, 11:34 AM   #105
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

The War was as big a commitment to democracy that people could give, my Uncle George commanded a Sherman during the advance into Germany, my Uncle David was a flight engineer on Lancs (with 617 after the Dams raids) and I’m a keen amateur historian on the war. That generation had more enthusiasm for a united Europe than others with no experience of the alternative.

I wonder in how many EU elections, the people who are now complaining that it’s an unelected dictatorship voted in?

I’m sorry but that’s an analogy I just dont agree with.

Find any group of politicians just now that are held in high regards, name one?

I’d imagine there’s a few Daily Mail/Express reading keyboard warriors emailing their MP over the ‘intolerable insult’ Tusk uttered last night. More than one will quote Hitler/appeasement and want to see off Johnny Foreigner I’m sure.

However, consider the fact that Westminster still doesn’t have a majority approved plan for Brexit and the clock is quickly winding down, how do you negotiate with a position like that?

I doubt the EU are going to do more than offer slight adjustments to a deal that both sides agreed was final/closed until last week. You can rest assured they’ll back Eire before us on the border.

It’s a right royal feck up with the Tory infighting responsible for it all.

Last edited by Duffy3074; 07-02-19 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-02-19, 12:06 PM   #106
William Blyth
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

The EU are running scared, not of us leaving but any other countries that would follow our example and leave also. These are the other countries who have nothing further to loose only to gain.
I've just come back from Switzerland and Northern Italy and was pleasantly surprised when normal people when they knew I was British came over and said they thought we were brave and agreed with us. ( before anybody says anything I know Switzerland is not in the EU) but they also felt they are held over a barrel in order to trade with the EU
This is like a re-run of the breakup of the Warsaw pact when, dare I suggest it, one country broke free due to the bribes from EU and all the overs followed their EU gravy train. Unlike some countries the EU was never the normal persons gravy train in Great Britain or if it was I have never seen any benefit.
Lets be European, lets trade, but leave any EU regulations behind us, unless they are to the normal person in the UKs benefit.
Yes things could get difficult but Worldwide trade is falling despite whether we leave EU or not.
Old 07-02-19, 12:23 PM   #107
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

There’s a real possibility that Europe could fragment again, rather than lead the run away from it, I’d argue that it’s exactly the time to commit to it, push for reform and reinforce the good parts of what it stands for.

The alternative in the longer term, for Europe and the world as a whole, has the potential to be a very unpleasant place.

However, at least the money’s coming home!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenMus...90571958046720

This makes for an interesting read

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ump-and-brexit

Last edited by Duffy3074; 07-02-19 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-02-19, 09:58 PM   #108
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Here's a little story for you...

One day a cleaner went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, she
asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money
from you, I'm doing community service this week.'
The cleaner was pleased and left the shop.
When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a
'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
Later, a Paramedic comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing
community service this week.' The Paramedic was happy and left the shop.
The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank
you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.
Then a Pro EU remainer came in for a haircut, and when he went to
pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Pro EU supporter
was very happy and left the shop.
The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Pro EU supporters lined up waiting for a free haircut.
And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between
the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.
Old 07-02-19, 10:03 PM   #109
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Could this be behind Tusk's "Hell" statement?

Tusk’s acknowledgement... He now knows the UK is gone, the 39 billion is gone. Italy in recession, Germany escaped recession by a whisker, France in flames and asking for FREXIT. Spain at 45% unemployment, Greece is a dying animal.
As the UK sails off into the sunset (98% of world trade) the EU shouts “Good ridden’s”.
It’s like the captain of the Titanic shouting at the iceberg, “You’ll be sorry”. 😂
Old 07-02-19, 10:04 PM   #110
William Blyth
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Very true