Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » Audi 80 B4 Headlight Parts

Old 19-12-17, 04:53 AM   #1
DeanG
Grown up member

Default Audi 80 B4 Headlight Parts

My daughter is just learning to drive and unfortunately we had a minor incident that has resulted in both headlights being smashed and I think the assembly for the one on the right will need to be replaced. Amazingly the front bumper is completely unscathed. I felt so sorry for her, as she was so upset.

So I have managed to source a few bits and pieces already, but I am still looking for the right hand headlight assembly or any parts that make up the whole assembly.

The part number for the whole headlight assembly on the right hand side is 894 941 030 B (Bosch part no: 1 307 022 104), I might be able to get away with just the glass lens and the Bosch part no for this is 1 305 621 467. I can see the plastic trim is broken and the part number for this is 893 941 162 A.

Thanks in advance.

D
DeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 08:43 AM   #2
msh
4 ring whore!

If that's split headlight, then aftermarket Depo [chinese] stuff should be available...
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 06:43 PM   #3
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

2nd hand ones on ebay here -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-AUDI-...UAAOSwi7RZGw6c

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-B...EAAOSwBRFaLwMM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-H...oAAOSwPpZaFEIJ

Last edited by quattrodave; 19-12-17 at 06:45 PM.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-17, 09:56 AM   #4
DeanG
Grown up member

Thanks for the link Dave, I bought my replacement from the first link you provided.
DeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-17, 10:37 AM   #5
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Good, glad you're sorted, a bit surprised as a couple of years ago when I had the 2.6 b4 avant quattro I was almost tempted to put the single headlights on as the originals were so bad but I managed to find a few pairs of the larger replacements to make up a good set.

Strange thing is that the single B4 headlamps were available in plenty supply new for around £60 a pair at that time, seems the supply of these in RHD has now dried up.

May be worth upgrading the headlamp wiring to feed through a relay so to guarentee 14 volts to the bulbs, this makes a massive difference from the 11.7 volts that typically get there with the standard wiring on these cars, easily doubles the lumens coming out of the bulbs. I posted a thread about my experience and test a while ago (on here or S2forum can't remember).
Old 20-12-17, 12:25 PM   #6
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
May be worth upgrading the headlamp wiring to feed through a relay so to guarentee 14 volts to the bulbs.....
I thought the B4s' had relays??... and the B3 models didn't.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-17, 12:49 PM   #7
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
News to me, maybe they don't feed through the switches but if you check voltage at the bulbs you'll probably only see 11.7ish volts, feeding a direct feed circuit from the battery or alternator via a relay and using the existing circuit to switch it will give you 13.5 to 14ish volts at the bulbs a big difference in light output.

Anyhow I was getting 11.7 volts at the bulbs on my 94 2.6 b4 avant quattro originally with candle like output, after the upgrade it was closer to 14 volts and the lights were much brighter, esp after I put 100/160 H4 bulbs and 130 H1 bulbs in them, at least the wires (fused) could now carry the current, almost like HID brightness. I did a post on the difference, either on here or on the S2 forum with the before/after voltage readings, invested in a lumens meter afterwards but never posted the lumens increase info, car gone now so can't recheck.
Old 20-12-17, 02:14 PM   #8
msh
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
It would be nice, but that's not the case - the first model which had something like this is B6, with it's light control block - but then again - in order to not get too good voltage at bulbs, IIRC it used even thinner wires than older cars...
Old 20-12-17, 02:19 PM   #9
msh
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
News to me, maybe they don't feed through the switches but if you check voltage at the bulbs you'll probably only see 11.7ish volts, feeding a direct feed circuit from the battery or alternator via a relay and using the existing circuit to switch it will give you 13.5 to 14ish volts at the bulbs a big difference in light output.
Nicer solution is to put relays between switch and fusebox, and upgrade wires for headlights - with good working alternator the result is the same, but no nasty relays and add on wires in engine compartment. I've done this both to my A90q and my mk2 golf - I didn't measured the difference for audi, in golf, where for sake of modularity there are unnecessary loops of wires, improvement was more noticeable, and so with voltage on battery 14,2v I have 13,7 at least on left side bulbs - low beams became noticeably brighter, high beams together with spotlights results in illumination that's not far from a truck