Classic Audi » Audi Sport / Competition » Audi sport & history » Group B Cars - The Best of The Best!!

Old 15-08-09, 10:35 AM   #31
Cornholio
Grown up member

The museum is a fabulous plaec to visit, very worth the trip up there (half an hour, plus a taxi ride). We're (hopefully) off to Munich at the end of November, so maybe I can persuade herself to go up there again
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-09, 11:00 AM   #32
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

The last time I visited the Audi Factory was way back in 1991, when they didn't really have a museum, and Audi Sport was located in an old Supermarket. The guys there were really chilled out about letting enthusiasts look round, even to the point of discussing the ladderframe chassis on the IMSA 90. Ironically, the only car they were a little cagey about was the Pikes Peak quattro, it was sheeted up in the corner, and they wouldn't uncover it. Strange, looking back, because it wasn't a series competing car at that point and was 'merely' recent history. I'd hazard a guess to say they were either testing IMSA stuff on it (engine/PDK etc) or it was damaged.