Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Electrical problems » Audi 80 1994 immobiliser query

Old 06-08-17, 09:10 PM   #51
rangerovering
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
You would see it, as it will fall out from it's hole. It looks like it's missing.

I've never known anything to fall out when opening the key previously.

When I got the car it had this fault, then after a while it began working and was behaving perfectly for 6 months or so. Then after sitting for a few weeks initially the car started fine then cut out, started again drove 1/4 of a mile and cut out once more and ever since I have had to have fuse 19 removed in order to drive the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rangerovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 11:10 PM   #52
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I can't explain why yours behaved like it did.

I sold the car a while ago, that had the key the same as yours. With me being curious, I pulled apart, and the transponder fell out that looked like this:

From your pic, I cannot see anything that resembles a transponder, but it should have one as that's how the system works.

Maybe someone with the same key can post up what they have inside their key.
Old 02-09-17, 09:39 PM   #53
rangerovering
Grown up member

An update

Found a central locking pump on eBay for £50 (there was cheaper but the part numbers matched). Guy was on holiday so was a delay in getting it delivered.

Eventually it appeared, plugged it in, fuse 19 inserted, prayed to the 4 ringed gods and locked, unlocked, key in ignition aaaaand....... fuel pump primed! 😀turned a key and she started👍

So it would seem it's been the pump from the start, I've had the old one apart already but will have a look again in my spare time and try and find a fault with it. There was a bit of crusty debris on the pcb when I last looked.

Might get the rightclick fitted now, need a locksmith to cut the fobs without moaning like the local timpsons did when I tried to get them done yesterday.......

Thanks for everyone's help on this appreciate the time and thought gone into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rangerovering is offline   Reply With Quote