Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Morning everyone!

Old 21-07-07, 04:38 AM   #1
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Morning everyone!

And what a wonderful morning it is!!!!

Off to Norwich to pick up a new toy, so see you all later!!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-07, 03:56 PM   #2
Tarka
German Language Assistant
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
And what a wonderful morning it is!!!!

Off to Norwich to pick up a new toy, so see you all later!!
Another day ruined for me without any work on the car - Nightmare. I got to Paddington last night to find all trains back to the West cancelled - ended up stopping there and crawling back this morning in yesterday's shirt along with 1000's of other grumpy sods. Oh well, at least the house wasn't flooded - thoughts out to anyone here who's been affected.
2003 Audi A6 Allroad - Daily
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-07, 04:22 PM   #3
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

I got to New Street at 6am this morning and there were about 30-40 people still there who were trying to get down to the South West. No trains as the line was shut and the M5 was shut between 4a and 11 so no buses either.
One of my drivers collected a car yesterday dinnertime from the storage compound near Mickleton (South of Stratford upon Avon) and got marooned in 2 foot of water at 13:00 yesterday afternoon. He got towed out into a section with no water, and called the AA.
He waited until 12:30 this afternoon in the car!!
23 hours later!!
I won't go into the full story as it was a complete cock up by the AA. The roads were passable as an AA truck came out to the car in front who stopped about 30 minutes after my driver had come to a grinding halt and that was at 16:30 yesterday afternoon!!
Anyway, the AA agreed to pay a Taxi for him which I'd got arranged at 10:50 today.
By 12:30 he'd had enough and walked into the village (3 miles away) and got a lift in Stratford and picked up by his wife.
The Taxi turned up at 14:20 and the Taxi driver rung my driver to ask where he was, and my driver said "In Stratford, I got fed up of waiting and no one had phoned me". the Taxi driver said he only got the call for the job at 13:45! nearly 3 hours after I had arranged with them to send a taxi to him.
What a shower of shit!!
Old 21-07-07, 04:30 PM   #4
Tarka
German Language Assistant
Classic Audi Club Member

Doesn't take much to tip the scales in the UK. Jobsworth officials really don't help either. Network Rail (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) said they weren't putting any replacement bus services on because they could not be blamed for adverse weather. That left literaly thousands whacking a London hotel bill onto their credit card. At least the company will pick mine up.

Sorry dude - I'm ranting now. Back to the Audis!!
2003 Audi A6 Allroad - Daily
Tarka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-07, 04:39 PM   #5
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Doesn't take much to tip the scales in the UK. Jobsworth officials really don't help either. Network Rail (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) said they weren't putting any replacement bus services on because they could not be blamed for adverse weather. That left literaly thousands whacking a London hotel bill onto their credit card. At least the company will pick mine up.

Sorry dude - I'm ranting now. Back to the Audis!!
You can rant away fella!!
I did 19 years on the railway!!!!! Including station manager at Birmingham New Street!
It's a very shite job when the poo hits the fan!!!
And no comment I what I think of Network Rail!!

Wasn't them who I worked for ya see!!! lol!