Price : £1
On Ebay : Ebay Link

This could have potential.
jamesfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-16, 04:05 PM   #2
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

That's not far from me if anyone needs it looking over.
Old 28-01-16, 05:45 PM   #3
Mellis46
Aero Advocate
Classic Audi Club Member

To some extent I understand the lack of description these listings seem to have in common, as any buyer will know the cars inside out and will know what is potentially in store. There is however no excuse not to use the full 12 free pictures given to you..! Just mindless
Mellis46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-16, 10:52 PM   #4
Chris Chambers
Grown up member

totally agree!!!
Chris Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-16, 11:22 PM   #5
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Been relisted @ £400 start price but no improvement on the listing.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-16, 04:43 PM   #6
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Relisted: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-100-S.../262310893197?

I went to see this car on behalf of a forum member who's backed away from it, so I'll post up what i wrote here if anyone else is interested.

I reckon it's had a good life up until a few years ago. It bears the evidence of being parked up for some time. Leaves under the bonnet and boot lid, rusty running gear, rattly exhaust.

The body is straight with no signs of accident damage. Bright red paintwork, all panels seem to be the same shade with no signs of overspray. The panels look to be aligned as factory, nothing stood out such as any scratches or dints, apart from some stone chips on the bonnet front corners and a paint chips on the wheel arches, some rust at the bottom of the rear screen under the boot lid corners. It looks like some old repairs to the rear door bottoms. Scuffs and damage to the bumpers and trims, rusty headlight.

Inside, the carpet is damp, especially in the drivers footwell. The headlining is sagging, pass rear window inop, general wear and tear but should scrub up nicely with a few items replaced.

The engine was warm when I got there. It struggled to start and has a lumpy tickover. It was quiet and revved ok. No odd noises or squeaks. The passenger side cv joint looks to have lost it's grease. I didn't drive it though, the road was a busy cut through riddled with pot holes plus the car wasn't where the Ebay ad said but a 30 mile round trip away and I was pressed for time to pick the missus up.

The seller was a nice enough fella, but his stories didn't ring true. We met at the side of the road, not at any premises Check the documents if you go ahead and don't be surprised if you find sawdust in the gearbox or something like When he drove away, there looked like dark, over fueling smoke coming from the exhaust, no white or blue smoke though.

I don't know what it's worth, but if I was looking for one as a project, a sound body with nice paint would be most important, and this car has that. The mechanicals and trim need a good going through, it's not a car you can jump into and drive.

Photo's are here: http://s629.photobucket.com/user/ben...?sort=2&page=1