Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 1986 Audi 80CL AUTO Saloon, 64k miles , mot'ed, taxed

Old 20-01-11, 09:46 PM   #1
hayesjim
Grown up member

Default 1986 Audi 80CL AUTO Saloon, 64k miles , mot'ed, taxed
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : 80CL Auto Saloon
Price : £750
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook),Taxed,MOT'd

First, a bit of history.
This was originally a company car at my dads firm for a lady "exec" who lived in central london and didn't drive very much.
At 3 years old, it had done less than 20 thousand miles and my dad pushed the right buttons for my Grandad to buy it from the lease firm.
He had it for 7 years or so and put it up to 27000 miles before sadly passing away in his nineties.
I bought the car from his estate, and have been driving it as my only car for the last 13 odd years, during which I've put it up to 64k almost entirely on my regular trip from central london to my parents place near stonehenge.
During that time it's never failed an MOT or let me down, and has only required the usual brake parts, exhaust, battery, wheel bearings, cv joint boots, oil and filters that you'd expect to have to do on an older car.
Recently I replaced one inner CV joint having missed a split in the boot. Though the original was fine (just rather dry) i fitted the new part since I'd already bought it and had it to hand so it was far easier than cleaning and repacking the old.
That's the only majorish thing to have gone wrong, and it was in fact still running fine but making a bit of an annoying noise.

However ....

It does have a long list of more minor faults/annoyances, I'm afraid.

Heater motor is noisy. .

Bodywork:

2 door handles (NSF & OSR) broken. Seems you can buy them from bay for about £12.
NSR door glass is missing, replaced with a temporary perspex fix. Standard London Vandalism the cause of that one.
Dent in boot lid - looks like you could filler it relatively easily. Standard london inability to park under control. Or care.
Small blow on exhaust, I think the manifold/downpipe joint is a little loose.
Rust scabs on rear arches - I'm afraid to say I let that one go.
Scratch marks consistent with a certain rather large mastiff dog jumping on the bonnet. Quite localised, about a 5" circle. But primer deep.
Missing drivers door plastic side trim (Unless I can find it in the garage)
Various old stonechips, scratches, small dents such as you'd expect from a 24 year old car - Nothing too horrible though.
Missing wheel trims.
Looks pretty OK with a coat of polish if you don't look too closely, in essence.

Interior needs a good clean but is really pretty good with the exception of a quite small fag burn onder the drivers arse.
And the drivers door "storage" moulding is currently residing in the boot, now I think about it.

This car could brush up quite nicely with a bit of TLC and not too much money, and I'm quite tempted to do that myself so the price I'll accept does reflect that.
If you feel the price is too high, please do make me an offer!
I am rather fond of it, but I've just bought a nice A4 quattro avant so I don't really really need it.
If nothing else it owes me nothing at all now, and it's just viable for me to keep it as a spare car I can rely upon.

However, if someone wants it to make into a nice car again, then I'd be happy to see that happen.

MOT is until mid June I believe, tax expires at the end of this month.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try to take some more pics at the weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audi80.jpg (91.1 KB, 518 views)
hayesjim is offline   Reply With Quote