Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 80 sport

Old 15-09-17, 08:23 PM   #11
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Well done for getting her up and running.

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 09:26 PM   #12
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Well done, thats an excellent start. Will keep an eye on how things go , lets hope things continue to progress as well in the coming weeks.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 09:48 PM   #13
Tino
Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Well done, thats an excellent start. Will keep an eye on how things go , lets hope things continue to progress as well in the coming weeks.
Going to lift carpets next see if floor is hiding any rot , I'll make my mind up after that whether to proceed, both rear inner arches/ sills have gone /spare wheel well needs a repair and lower quarter plus a patch on boot, all brake pipes/ flexys are perished / corroded too so it's starting to grow arms n legs a full resto wasnt the plan !!!
Tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 09:56 PM   #14
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino View Post
Going to lift carpets next see if floor is hiding any rot , I'll make my mind up after that whether to proceed, both rear inner arches/ sills have gone /spare wheel well needs a repair and lower quarter plus a patch on boot, all brake pipes/ flexys are perished / corroded too so it's starting to grow arms n legs a full resto wasnt the plan !!!
Ouch ! Well if its any consolation, I bought a whole new rear end to attempt the restoration on my red 80 Sport , spent a fortune on welding on the rear end, the inner front wings had similar problems too and the engine was fu**ed as well so had to source another DX engine......in the end I just had to give up as I was running out of ££££'s
I'd have expected the brake lines/pipes and maybe fuel lines as well.....you've done a hell of a lot better than I did as at least you have achieved a car with a running engine so far, and very quickly too.....
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote