Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » database error

Old 22-08-23, 06:28 PM   #1
sixaxles
Grown up member

Default database error

evening all, just lately ive been struggling to get onto the forum - it just comes up with database error..... tonight, obviously things are working..... has anyone else had this is or it my end thats buggered, its my phone and laptop thats done it
sixaxles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-23, 07:37 PM   #2
urquattr085
Classic Audi Club Member

It's a regular occurrence unfortunately.

Some sort of technical issue that's way beyond my knowledge.

2010 A3 1.4 tfsi Sport - Sold but still in the family
1984 80 Quattro - Sold many moons ago
1981 Coupe GT - Sold to buy above
urquattr085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-23, 08:24 AM   #3
sixaxles
Grown up member

Ah right- kind of glad it’s not my end - this is the first time I’ve got on since posting this thread, and that’s not because it never works, just the random times I’ve tried it’s not worked, think the last time was about 6 weeks ago or so, so shows how infrequent I use the forum . Need to keep a closer eye on things because I quite fancy attending one of these breakfast meets in the new year, although my cars in winter hibernation, it’s still taxed and insured

Last edited by sixaxles; 23-12-23 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Emoji fail
sixaxles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-23, 01:44 PM   #4
Ringmaster
Classic Audi Club Member

I assumed in may have been part of regular site maintenance... (?)
Ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-24, 08:58 AM   #5
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

The frequent outages, which seem to be increasing- are these entirely server related, or in any way connected with what seems like an inordinate number of new member sign ups with ridiculous, high probability of spammer, usernames?

I’m a moderator on a completely different forum, and while there is a steady stream of dodgy sign ups, most get filtered out before ever being an issue.
Old 04-05-24, 07:54 PM   #6
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
The frequent outages, which seem to be increasing- are these entirely server related, or in any way connected with what seems like an inordinate number of new member sign ups with ridiculous, high probability of spammer, usernames?

I’m a moderator on a completely different forum, and while there is a steady stream of dodgy sign ups, most get filtered out before ever being an issue.
Who’s actually responsible for keeping the server up?
I’ve stopped checking on here regularly due to it being unreliable, traffic inevitably drops and before you know it the forum is gone

I’d quite happily pay a monthly sub to try and stop that, I know I’m not alone in that
Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-24, 05:49 PM   #7
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
Who’s actually responsible for keeping the server up?
I’ve stopped checking on here regularly due to it being unreliable, traffic inevitably drops and before you know it the forum is gone

I’d quite happily pay a monthly sub to try and stop that, I know I’m not alone in that
I’ve asked the same questions as you two, and pointed out the same “member” issue, on the FB forum but it’s just been silence.

Shame-but this site is dying.
Can anyone take a copy of it to save in the same way Phil Payne’s site was saved? It’s beyond me but easy enough for those in the know, apparently.
Old 06-05-24, 10:22 AM   #8
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackintheFold View Post
I’ve asked the same questions as you two, and pointed out the same “member” issue, on the FB forum but it’s just been silence.

Shame-but this site is dying.
Can anyone take a copy of it to save in the same way Phil Payne’s site was saved? It’s beyond me but easy enough for those in the know, apparently.
Yep, it's a pity as I like using this forum as well as the S2Forum, I'm a complete Ludite so have no idea how to back up such a large amount of info though I have heard about something called 'The Way Back Machine' which keeps a record of all websites going right back to the early 1990's.

I've haven't seen this many members on here for years and I expect some are spam account's.
Old 07-05-24, 08:42 AM   #9
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

as of just now...obviously crap. Only me online, the rest are Spam accounts and over 5,000 users online in March???

Online Users: 355
16 members and 339 guests

BackintheFold, acaaweyohabut, alabinua, aoqelugibe, asedekavoxe, ckersamant, ecipirisap, eeqohawoiay, exigudu, idekimeketa, iusozdow, nuxihupuo, ovequxanatub, utaralieyu, XXXIXmt

Most users ever online was 5,097, 16-03-24 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-05-24, 10:30 AM   #10
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

The weird looking names are probably all spam accounts, we had a real problem with these on the S2Forum a year or so ago, they'd bombard all the boards with all sorts of dodgy crap...