Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » rear arches

Old 28-06-20, 11:33 AM   #1
npv
Grown up member

Default rear arches

looking for 2 rear arches for my b2 90 any recomendations seem very hard too get a hold off most places out off stock please mine are really bad could filler them up but i go spending 300-1000 on paint and painting it seems like a waste of time
npv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-20, 12:26 PM   #2
Sie!
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Agreed - if you can avoid filling them and replace them with new metal, certainly the best way to go... otherwise the problem just comes back time again, no point in spending much on paint if that’s gonna happen (I’ve learned over the years!).

My 80 had replacement arches a few years ago, I got the panels from a place called Carz2, they took a few weeks to arrive but the guys were very helpful.

I don’t believe there are any differences between 80/90 body shells, so 80 panels will do you, have a look at the below link;

https://www.carz2.co.uk/audi-80-8185-79-86-16168-c.asp

Hope that’s of some help.
Sie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 09:06 AM   #3
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sie! View Post
Agreed - if you can avoid filling them and replace them with new metal, certainly the best way to go... otherwise the problem just comes back time again, no point in spending much on paint if that’s gonna happen (I’ve learned over the years!).

My 80 had replacement arches a few years ago, I got the panels from a place called Carz2, they took a few weeks to arrive but the guys were very helpful.

I don’t believe there are any differences between 80/90 body shells, so 80 panels will do you, have a look at the below link;

yes perfect thanks
Old 30-06-20, 12:18 PM   #4
droopsnoot
Grown up member

I believe those are the ones that I'm currently fitting to my type-85 coupe at the moment, when I can persuade myself to grind the welds down. The only issues I've had are right at the bottom - the shape behind the wheelarch has a bend rather than a curve, which is different to mine, and the shape in front of the wheelarch was quite badly finished.

As I'm replacing the sills, the latter was no problem as I just cut it off and will make that bit as the back of the sill section. The other part was quite easily re-shaped to match the car, and is behind a big plastic bumper anyway.

They do take a couple of weeks to arrive, they don't stock them so it's just a case of placing a back-order and waiting until they have another bulk order in. I don't think you'll find them in stock, so no use waiting.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 05:41 PM   #5
andya
Classic Audi Club Member

I ordered these also for mine. Delivery time was about 4 weeks. For my b2 cq

andya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 06:55 PM   #6
npv
Grown up member

ach i dont mind waiting. back too work now plenty time .just be glad too get sum dont fancy tackling making them myself.thanks for all the comments
Old 03-08-20, 01:46 PM   #7
npv
Grown up member

thats them ordered happy days hopefully get car in sum paint early next year.
Old 04-09-20, 04:30 PM   #8
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sie! View Post

today i recieved email saying they have refunded me and dont know when arches will be available in near future back too the drawing board
Old 05-09-20, 10:56 AM   #9
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Have you tried this place ? they appear to have them in stock

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...repair-panels/
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 02:25 PM   #10
npv
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
Have you tried this place ? they appear to have them in stock

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...repair-panels/
thanks seen them i thought they were 135 for the pair there 250 for the 2 just cant justify that at moment might just have too try and save up for a while

thanks tho