Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Engine » Stripping a GTS 5s Engine 1985 5pot

Old 18-01-16, 06:16 PM   #1
tiprat
Grown up member

Default Stripping a GTS 5s Engine 1985 5pot

Good evening everyone I'm just in the process of stripping the engine that came with the "car"...rust bucket lol I think its the 113bhp engine. So its on the bench at the moment with all the ancillaries off.
It had supposedly been refirbed before it was left in a field for years, so a gasket kit will be ordered along with belts. The injectors have just been prised out and id like to know how to clean them, I have been informed not to have the ultrasonically cleaned as this will damage them. Also are new seals available from anywhere?

What other advice can members give me from there own experience of doing these engines as to what to look for, what to do and more importantly what not do!!

Any advice is better than the none I have at the moment lol, I also have a "spare" 2.2lt 130bhp 5pot that I intend to refirb this has had no work previously done and when finished I shall swap the engines around, the reason for doing it this way is as ive already said the other engine should have had work done on it.
tiprat is offline   Reply With Quote