Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » A decision to make.

Old 07-10-20, 08:29 PM   #41
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It's gone quiet now so back to topic.

Having taken on board what you all said, you are right, so TT first it is and it's a keeper.

Next question is this, do i carry on getting bits it needs and have the paint done in spring ? Or does it not really matter if paint is done in the colder seasons anymore ? I don't know how it works with modern paints now.

The other bits it needs are trivial really and we all know how Audi like to charge a lot of money.

All replies would be most appreciated
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 10:26 PM   #42
Davids
4 ring whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post
It's gone quiet now so back to topic.

Having taken on board what you all said, you are right, so TT first it is and it's a keeper.

Next question is this, do i carry on getting bits it needs and have the paint done in spring ? Or does it not really matter if paint is done in the colder seasons anymore ? I don't know how it works with modern paints now.

The other bits it needs are trivial really and we all know how Audi like to charge a lot of money.

All replies would be most appreciated
Modern paint Bruce doesn't really matter winter or summer, the only previso I would have is you don't want the ambient in the spray booth really below 10 degrees. You can get different hardeners for different temps, it's just a personal thing.
Modern stuff is 2k, it's going to dry no matter what the temp, obviously the warmer the ambient the quicker it will dry. Just don't put a cover on it for a while, in fact I never cover my cars stored in doors with anything more than bodyshop dust/mask poly.
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 02:32 PM   #43
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Totally agree with Dave - Bruce, it doesn't matter.

The only thing i would say as a precaution, is just leave it alone park it in the garage - no polishing
waxing etc for a few months. You don't want to seal anything in - just let it breath.
Just cover it up with a cotton sheet.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote