Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Insurance again

Old 21-02-18, 04:39 PM   #11
jogi730
jogi
Classic Audi Club Member

Yes insurance is certainly one area where you sit and scratch your head in wonderment how they come out with their prices.
Most Classic Car policies will not touch my car due to all the mods. Those that do will offer only 'market value'.
Reis came out almost double the premium and without AV in my case.
Old 21-02-18, 05:22 PM   #12
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I personally find most insurance in the UK to be inept bordering on corrupt.

I was with Equity via Classicline, the year my car was involved in the hit-n-run. The brokers made a complete hash of it, and I was bombarded with spam claims assistance bollocks for months. The claim was all resolved amicably with me doing my own negotiations with the other driver's insurance indirectly, and eventually getting a cash settlement. My own broker (and Equity) had been attempting to write off the car through the 'repair quote' which their own approved network inflated out of all proportion.

I'm no longer with them- the renewal quote that appeared shortly after was incredible. Limited mileage policies, but I thought I'd turned 18 again, the quote had increased that much. Classicline will not be getting business from me again.

LV didn't exactly distinguish themselves last year, with the same car. However, it proved worthwhile renewing with them simply because they didn't inflate the renewal cost due to the very minor accident that resulted in no claim being filed.

The whole system is so mired in bureaucratic bull, and populated by utter prats, it high time there was a clean sheet change of method. Unfortunately, too many unemployable people would suddenly be on the job market, which the bods at high command would stomach.

for a daily use low value car, I'd almost certainly recommend choosing the cheapest product available to stay legal, and then make every effort to avoid making a claim.

The biggest problem with insurance is that you won't know the quality of the product until you test it, by which time you're unlikely to be able to return it.
Old 21-02-18, 06:52 PM   #13
jogi730
jogi
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
The biggest problem with insurance is that you won't know the quality of the product until you test it, by which time you're unlikely to be able to return it.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.
You get slaughtered by the law for not insuring your vehicle it there seems to be little you
can do when you need them and they don't play ball
Old 21-03-18, 06:01 PM   #14
arthurious
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

carol nash do what you wont
arthurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 08:31 PM   #15
jogi730
jogi
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks, I didn't try them this year, but in the past have come back with my car has too many modifications

Edit: I went with A plan as suggested by a member on S2Forum

Last edited by jogi730; 21-03-18 at 08:36 PM.
jogi730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 02:25 PM   #16
jogi730
jogi
Classic Audi Club Member

It is that time of year again.
Thought I would give A Plan a shout. I have just renewed through their Cherished Car Division - All modifications declared with £35k AV, £310 with breakdown cover.
They also promised to phone me back on a given day and actually did. Obviously wanted my business, but still something I am not accustomed to.
Worth giving them a shout.