Classic Audi Technical Mech/Tech Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » Electric to Manual Window Conversion on 1984 Coupe GT

Old 30-06-17, 09:26 AM   #11
chalkyh
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I've just used a B3 80 / 90 window motor on my B2 90 - goes straight on if you have motor issues. The motors are handed the same, so for a driver's side you'd need a B3 driver's side. The B3 regulator is similar but doesn't bolt up to the inside of the B2 door, although the cables look the same when it's all stripped down - so might provide useful spare parts.
chalkyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 09:09 AM   #12
jameshbond007
Grown up member

OK, passenger side window regulator is now stripped, cleaned, re-built, and lubricated/greased. It works perfectly on the bench so I'm a happier chap regards this. All pointers provided (above) have been marvellous - thanks !

However, the driver's side unit appears to have an open circuit motor winding. So far, I've been unable to free the motor from the rest of the mechanics - the end of the shaft gets stuck at the end. Any pointers ? Also, does anyone have a suitable replacement motor I could take off their hands (at an agreed price of course) ?
jameshbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 03:11 PM   #13
jameshbond007
Grown up member

Sound advice from chalkyh (above). I located a suitable Mk II Coupe's window regulator on ebay.de and took the plunge. Having once been a passenger side window motor on Germany, it is soon to be a driver's side motor on my Mk I coupe. I've already made the motor swap and rebuilt, greased, etc. and it works perfectly. I just need to change to the older style quick-connect and fit it back into the car.
jameshbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 03:29 PM   #14
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Progress, well done !

sinbin5t is online now   Reply With Quote