Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Brexit stuff.

Old 18-12-18, 07:44 PM   #41
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

There’s ‘BOB’ character on the Beeb podcast (bored of brexit) who turns out to be Juncker.
Fecking hilarious when you listen to it.

Duffy3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-18, 07:58 PM   #42
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

There are lots of good reasons to leave the EU but the financial benefits are not one of them.

If it all goes pear shaped we’ll be out of the EU, Corbyn will have an ideal opportunity for power and the SNP will have the perfect excuse to push for another Indy Ref up here.

As I said, interesting times.

I hope you’re right chum, I genuinely do.........

Last edited by Duffy3074; 18-12-18 at 08:29 PM.
Old 18-12-18, 08:59 PM   #43
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Another lot who dont really believe in the principle of democracy, at least not in the sense that most others do.
Keep on calling for votes until they get the answer they want.

Curious that they want "independence" but then are quite prepared to sell their voters to the EU for a nice backhander and lose it in the process.
Something "fishy" about it all but cant figure out what....
In all seriousness, if that's what they want another referendum let them have it, we Brexitiers wouldn't want to deny them their democracy, how could we if we're so staunch that we want out of the Eu and many of us want a no deal. Personally i have my doubts the SNP would win. But if they did, any waters the UK would win back from the ridiculous Mafia style Eu fisheries policy would immediately be taken back from them when rejoining the Eu.

I just can't see how the 4.5 million Scots (fact checked) could afford to pay for their own Airforce, Army and Navy from just 2.5 million tax payers (fact checked) it just doesn't add up no matter how you cut it. Using the Oil as the cash cow as Sammond did before the Scottish referendum, would have seen their economy really falling literally off a cliff edge. Still if thats what they want to do thats up to them. At least then England could say we did the right thing to let them decide.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 18-12-18 at 09:08 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-18, 09:17 PM   #44
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

How is it our economy would fall off of a cliff edge by going independent whereas it’s a step forward for the UK?

Thanks for giving us permission to decide what we want

I’m against independence if that helps your reply BTW.
Old 18-12-18, 09:53 PM   #45
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
How is it our economy would fall off of a cliff edge by going independent whereas it’s a step forward for the UK?

I sense your immediate hostility, with "Thanks for giving us permission to decide what we want . It's nothing to do with me. If Nicola Sturgeon gets her way at least you guys can decide that for yourselves again.

The Cliff edge for you, in that Sammond Relied on the price of oil @ $100 a barrel, thats what his calcs were based on and soon after your referendum the price of oil collapsed,........hence a cliff edge for you. Cliff edge wouldn't describe it well enough more like complete collapse. Good job Salmond didn't win!

It's a step forward for us because although there may well be some disruption we will still be saving the 39 Billion divorce settlement the Eu rather craftily extorted from us before the trade negotitions begin in Dec 2020 and we won't be paying 22 billion net Eu subs during the transition period either so a total of 61 Billion saved. Our economy is the 5th largest in the world, with a 60 million population and around 30 million tax payers can take short term pain. Wto trade rules is not a cliff edge for a nation our size.

We already now know how the trade talks are going to go after the transition period by Macrons very recent statements over Brexit. He has threatened he will veto any deal with the UK during the trade talks unless the French fishing fleet have unfettered access to our waters. So we can see exactly how these trade talks are going to to go and thats despite us being extremely fair and rather stupid in my opinion in agreeing the deal we have so far.

I personally cannot forget what Barnier has done to us during these withdrawal negotiations with the backing of the other 27. He has done a great job making the UK look very silly. He wants to make an example of us, conveniently forgetting this country paid dearly for his Freedom ie: 120Billion in WW11 war debts digging them out of the crap they caused. For me the UK has been held ransom by Europe for just over 100 years. We've paid in our blood and huge amounts of cash their way for their problems.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 19-12-18 at 10:35 AM.
Old 18-12-18, 10:08 PM   #46
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Only last week, 10 of the top French generals have sent a letter to Macron accusing him of treason. Macron has agreed and signed a deal with the United nations to allow 56 million migrants into Europe and to use the word 'Ilegal" migrants which they are to be a crime. He didn't ask his people for permission hence the treason letter by the french Generals.

These people will be forced onto different states equally. The whole of Europe will be on fire if that happens just like Paris these last 5 weeks. Thats what i object to the Eu dictatorial ways of Macron and Merkel.

At least here in Britain we just argue in parliament about a bad deal or no deal and don't go around setting the place on fire. However that could change if democracy is stolen.
Old 19-12-18, 09:36 AM   #47
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post

Scottish independence referendum from the union.
I'm happy with that vote as long as a we all have a vote (just like the kind of democracy that exists in the EU)
If our brethren from the north of the border gain independence, just imagine what that would do to the Tory majority!!
Old 19-12-18, 09:55 AM   #48
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
I'm happy with that vote as long as a we all have a vote (just like the kind of democracy that exists in the EU)
If our brethren from the north of the border gain independence, just imagine what that would do to the Tory majority!!
Are you advocating Eu democracy?
And how would that work for Scotland? There's no way they could win that!
It would need to be a vote just for them and who could blame them.
Old 19-12-18, 10:32 AM   #49
Duffy3074
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
You’ve lost me there.....

Does that mean the EU should have a vote on whether or not we should do Brexit?

I suspect your average European Joe wouldn’t be too upset about us going!!

Old 19-12-18, 08:49 PM   #50
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
Sturgeon or Salmon?
Both very fishy!