Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts For Sale » 200 Turbo Auto 1984 Definately Breaking now

Old 02-08-10, 09:33 PM   #21
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

groomus, did you say categorically that there is fuel at the filter but not at the injectors?

metering heads cant be all that different can they..? if anything, how many shims are on the in-built pressure reg. valve thing that sends extra pressure back down the return line?

any chance the new pump blasted a hole in the filter and has plugged the injectors?
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 09:38 PM   #22
dest
In the darkside
Classic Audi Club Member

Send a message via MSN to dest

With all due respect to everyone offering help, Steve has already said many times he is too ill to personally be doing the work himself.
Obviously being fuel related its not really something you want to get wrong either!
He has asked if anyone is able to pop over and lend a hand, which no one is able to do so.
He has also said that he simply does not have any cash to put into buying/trying new bits and bobs to see if it will fix the problem.

Im sure if it was up to him, he would not want to break it atall, but is sadly being forced to.
He is obviously grateful for all the help and suggestions, but please remember what he has said about not being to do it.
Saying its an easy fix etc is a bit of a kick in the teeth when he is sitting there not able to fix it for various reasons
dest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 09:45 PM   #23
Phil Payne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
With all due respect to everyone offering help, Steve has already said many times he is too ill to personally be doing the work himself.
If he has, I haven't noticed it.

But the point is moot - the ideas and hints here may be useful to anyone who DOES have the time to help.

Just as he doesn't want to 'throw good money after bad', so I'm not a charity and Cross-Country doesn't carry passengers out of sympathy.
Phil Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 09:48 PM   #24
dest
In the darkside
Classic Audi Club Member

I dont think anyone has said you are one? Ive certainly not seen anyone post or hint that you should fix it for free
Old 02-08-10, 09:51 PM   #25
Phil Payne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
I dont think anyone has said you are one? Ive certainly not seen anyone post or hint that you should fix it for free
Reread the second line. Has anyone else who does this for a living posted anything helpful?

(And how far is Thrapston from Kettering?)
Phil Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:00 PM   #26
dest
In the darkside
Classic Audi Club Member

Your comment about not being a charity seemed rather agressive thats all.

Thrapston to Kettering? Surely you would know that if you lived there for 20 years?!
I dont see how that is relivant to this thread though.

Anyway, this is a breaking/for sale thread, so I wont be adding any further off topic replies
Old 02-08-10, 10:02 PM   #27
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

how much was/is the whole car? or is that out of the window..?
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:04 PM   #28
86audicoupe
Classic Audi Pervert!
Classic Audi Club Member

I think we should put these 'off-topic' comments to rest to be honest. It's Steve's decision what he does and I think he has made up his mind due to his own personal circumstances.

This thread is about breaking the car for parts.
86audicoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:11 PM   #29
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86audicoupe View Post
I think we should put these 'off-topic' comments to rest to be honest. It's Steve's decision what he does and I think he has made up his mind due to his own personal circumstances.

This thread is about breaking the car for parts.
But we also have to be realistic for Steve's sake here.

Steve could end up breaking a perfectly good car and maybe sell a couple of items off it at most.
Typ 44 200's are not common in the UK therefore the demand for parts is going to be very little.
I have a spare parts car at mine which was donated by Ben for the Project 200. People off here know it's there and as yet, the only person to ask for parts off it is Groomus!

It was pointed out by Dest that Steve was too ill to carry out the work.
Give than it's just as much energy and effort, if not more, to actually start stripping it down, how does that help Steve.
If someone wanted the front suspension off it for example, that would probably equate for 10 times more effort than it would be to change the fuel pump.
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 10:15 PM   #30
dest
In the darkside
Classic Audi Club Member

He did also put this on the very first post of the thread, but no one took any notice of it!

Quote:
The decision to break her is FINAL,so please dont waste your time trying to change my mind,with respect to everyone.