Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » 84 coupe progress

Old 29-04-17, 11:41 PM   #1
audisport8680
Grown up member

Default 84 coupe progress

hi again doing my best with photo uploads???:, I apparently can only upload 5 images so ill do a second with a few more, as I am computer inept. Well the Coupe that needed nothing doing to it I bought in Febuary turns out to have been a bit of a nightmare, but I am plowing on with it, engine swap previous owner did was a shambles, wires everywhere, hoses left against exhaust and melted, every suspension unit knackered, found out front strut holders/legs were chopped down by 2 inches, so even getting it near some height with the coilovers they put on was a joke, sourced original strut holders and its going back to standard. new power steering rack, driveshafts, wheel bearings tie rods and ends,ball joints brakes, daft steering wheel going and original going back on, new wheels, tyres, plugs, filters water pump, timing belt, door handles. it goes on. It amazes me how someone can butcher a car like this and think its actually a great car. the one saving grace is there is not a spot of rust anywhere. It runs really well although a little rich, It is going to a very old chap next week to have that sorted as well as coolant flow problem and vdu gauges fixing. I will make a car of this if it kills me as there really are very few over here. also re built the seats with new guide sliders and fixed up the height adjustment and re did the frame under the cushions as it was all missing because the previous knob owner liked to sit low in the car ??? Keeping the rear suspension as it is, as it is simple and not affecting the car and I like being able to heighten and lower it especially as the front will now be un adjustable and standard. I will get there and am looking forward to getting some trouble free drive enjoyment out of this old car even though it seems a way off. thanks for looking!IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0526 (1).jpg

IMG_0527 (1).jpg

IMG_0529 (1).jpg

IMG_0533.000 (1).jpg
audisport8680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 09:22 AM   #2
Jake Blight
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Well done for sticking with it. It's amazing what folk do to their cars to 'personalise ' them. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, so good luck and keep up the good work.
Jake Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 09:57 AM   #3
Cynical26
Grown up member

Sounds like you're making good steady progress. Once you start poking about undoing previous owners modifications it can be a real head scratcher to work out why!?

Nice to see it's in good hands now
Cynical26 is offline   Reply With Quote