Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Old Lancia - cheap !

Old 15-12-16, 05:14 PM   #1
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Old Lancia - cheap !

Just browsing ebay and came across this old car that was to the 70's what the ur was to the 80's rallying scene.

Makes a short wheelbase cheap by comparison.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-SALE-L...3D122257253396
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 05:47 PM   #2
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Makes the shorty all the more daft looking. I think the last sport Quattro advertised for sale was similarly priced?
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 06:10 PM   #3
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I agree the Lancia is a superb looking car much better than the shorty but this one is somewhat more expensive than this shorty was last year

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22718/lot/36/
Old 15-12-16, 06:21 PM   #4
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I've got a brand new old stock Cortina Ghia alloy wheel. £1K .

I haven't but you get my point!

Kenny put this up earlier on FB. Prices are just made up monopoly money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sierr...oAAOSw2xRYTaWX

Yet we have people saying a 2.6 80 avant in mint condition well mine is more or less isn't worth £4k.There's no comparison in the build quality. Audi wins hands down and such refinement the 2.6 brings to the party and a much nicer cabin to be in.I also know which one will outlast the other.

Just noticed ken the sierra has only 13,600 miles.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 15-12-16 at 06:27 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 06:22 PM   #5
Kenquattro
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
I agree the Lancia is a superb looking car much better than the shorty but this one is somewhat more expensive than this shorty was last year

Reminds me of this one, ex Mike Lindup of Level 42.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22723/lot/380/
Kenquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-16, 06:28 PM   #6
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Smile

I agree about the monopoly money prices, especially for old Fords where the build quality is somewhat suspect. Just wish I still had my old Mk2 RS2000 1976 model (early recaro rolltop interior) which I sold complete with 2 brand new doors and a rebuilt 2.1 engine (cost me £500 in the 90's) for £1000 in 2001, it was however in need of some welding, it had been stored in my garage from 1987 until 2001 as I transfered my affection to Audi's
Old 15-12-16, 06:46 PM   #7
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
I agree about the monopoly money prices, especially for old Fords where the build quality is somewhat suspect. Just wish I still had my old Mk2 RS2000 1976 model (early recaro rolltop interior) which I sold complete with 2 brand new doors and a rebuilt 2.1 engine (cost me £500 in the 90's) for £1000 in 2001, it was however in need of some welding, it had been stored in my garage from 1987 until 2001 as I transferred my affection to Audi's

Ive been there and can sympathise with you. I had to get rid of my BMW 1602 lux which was an unfinished project back in 2007 as it was getting in the way of building work. I'd replaced the whole front end,big huge affair both front wings, thankfully i sold the brand new doors back to jaymic (in Norfolk)who gave me a very good price back for them. I bought all new waist chrome trims for it which runs all around the car genuine bmw, obviously years ago along with all new black rub strips etc costing in todays money just over a grand as it can all still be bought. Again thankfully i sold that stuff 3 years ago for £650 on eBay to a just retired Policeman living in Surrey for his restoration. He was very pleased to get a bargain and i was pleased as the parts only cost me £200 ish. Just goes to show how much this stuff had gone up in price since i bought it back in 1992. The point being, if i had kept the car and finished it, it would be worth at least £ 15K today. I just gave the car away as top ones at the time were only worth £5k, So i stripped most of the good new stuff and scrapped the car.
Old 15-12-16, 07:03 PM   #8
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Ive been there and can sympathise with you. I had to get rid of my BMW 1602 lux which was an unfinished project back in 2007 as it was getting in the way of building work. I'd replaced the whole front end,big huge affair both front wings, thankfully i sold the brand new doors back to jaymic (in Norfolk)who gave me a very good price back for them. I bought all new waist chrome trims for it which runs all around the car genuine bmw, obviously years ago along with all new black rub strips etc costing in todays money just over a grand as it can all still be bought. Again thankfully i sold that stuff 3 years ago for £650 on eBay to a just retired Policeman living in Surrey for his restoration. He was very pleased to get a bargain and i was pleased as the parts only cost me £200 ish. Just goes to show how much this stuff had gone up in price since i bought it back in 1992. The point being, if i had kept the car and finished it, it would be worth at least £ 15K today. I just gave the car away as top ones at the time were only worth £5k, So i stripped most of the good new stuff and scrapped the car.
Well at least I kept my old motorcycles which have also gained somewhat in value since I purchased them back in the 1990's it was them or the RS and I decided to keep the bikes as they used less storage space in the double garage at the new house, my ur is still stored in my dads garage since 2001 awaiting further restoration.

Need to sign off now to take my 90 year old mother to a friends whilst I go out (my turn to drive unfortunatly) with 2 guys who I've known since we become friends in the 1970's as teenagers. Regular 2 weekly get together for the past 40 years.
Old 15-12-16, 07:16 PM   #9
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Need to sign off now to take my 90 year old mother to a friends whilst I go out (my turn to drive unfortunatly) with 2 guys who I've known since we become friends in the 1970's as teenagers. Regular 2 weekly get together for the past 40 years.
Nice!
Old 15-12-16, 07:37 PM   #10
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:

This is the one I was thinking about...... https://www.classic-trader.com/uk/ca...tro/1985/67828
Ad has been altered but was approx. £400 large.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote