Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars Wanted » quattro avant - anything considered

Old 27-01-13, 09:42 AM   #11
Cuppatea
Grown up member

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps, me and my mate were really hankering for an s2 avant but finding one in time to replace another estate car wasnt going to happen. I was eager for quattro as i knew we had snow forecast and my S2 coupe is still without an engine.

Instead we went for the red/pink 80 avant quattro in looe, cornwall that was on ebay - item:140904006832
Its the 2.6 v6 which i knew was a lazy drive but forgot how silky smooth they are.
All the tyres were bad with suspension knocks and noises everywhere, so we polybushed the front arms and gave it 4 new tyres, it'd had a new strut insert recently and the cap wasnt even tight on it, as was the top mount nut, to top it off the end of the abs sensor was bent where someone had pushed it into the hub too far then fitted and done up the cv bolt and both got a little too close

After i free'd off the diff lock actuator, Tuesday we went out snow driving. Never struggled once on any hills it was just brilliant performance and the engine never missed a beat.

We are really pleased with the car so far it ticks all the boxes, even the missus liked it and my mate whos an big saab fan wants another one already.
On friday it had a front wheel bearing, valley pan gasket (found someone elses swivel head ratchet under the intake), all vac lines, new gearstick gaiter and failed dash bulbs replaced. Still to come is tailgate wiring repair, abs sensor, pas pipe, tracking and a serious polish up.
Cuppatea is offline   Reply With Quote