Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » How much would it cost to,respray a car?(B2 90)

Old 03-01-14, 07:24 PM   #41
BIGGYIN
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Thumbs up Thanks for all your input/advice.

I will probally need afew gallons of,etch primer?
I want to do a thorough job,so it will be a total strip down and glass out.Then tackle,the rust.
As for equipement,I'll be only paying half (and I'll have a while to find funds). My car is,in my Brother's unit and He's got about 8 project cars,so He'll need to do some spraying,at sometime.
Once I've done alot of reading,research and searching Youtube,I'll only attempt a wing,engine bay or a boot lid.I'll see how I do with them 1st,before I venture further.

Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown
BIGGYIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 08:16 PM   #42
timmyB4
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGYIN View Post
I will probally need afew gallons of,etch primer?
I want to do a thorough job,so it will be a total strip down and glass out.Then tackle,the rust.
As for equipement,I'll be only paying half (and I'll have a while to find funds). My car is,in my Brother's unit and He's got about 8 project cars,so He'll need to do some spraying,at sometime.
Once I've done alot of reading,research and searching Youtube,I'll only attempt a wing,engine bay or a boot lid.I'll see how I do with them 1st,before I venture further.
do the engine bay as a test run , when you do the whole outside , do it in one hit and metallic can shade differently depending on atmospheric conditions believe it or not .

also for panel repairs you can get electrically conductive primer for welded panels and the like , knowing that it wont corrode on the inside of the panel .
timmyB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-14, 09:06 PM   #43
Sandro
Grown up member

forget about that plastidip.. after 1 month You aint gona be happy. done it on 2 customers cars.
Sandro is offline   Reply With Quote