Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Audi Coupe quattro 110,000 miles 2 prior owners ABS & Air Con

Old 18-10-15, 07:25 PM   #1
sportquattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi Coupe quattro 110,000 miles 2 prior owners ABS & Air Con
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Audi Coupe Quattro
Price : £5,500
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd
On Ebay : Ebay Link

After much deliberation I am selling the Coupe Quattro as cant justify 4 cars in the family and looking to change my S3 for an S4 really soon.

I bought this car in 2013 as a project car having owned 4 of them back in the 1980's. The car was bought off eBay as a non runner with some issues. The non running problem was just a faulty immobiliser. The previous owner bought the car when it was 4 years old and it was his pride and joy for over 20 years, there is a box load of old receipts, and he clearly adored the car. Sadly he want into a care home 2 years prior to my buying the car and regrettably was never going to drive the car again. When I bought it I sorted the non running issues, and did the following restoration work over the next 2 years:-

1.New Starter Motor.
2.New Radiator
3.Replaced Cylinder Head Gasket
4.New Sun roof seal
5.New Brake disks and pads front and rear
6.New Front brake hoses
7.New Shock absorbers front and rear
8.New Top Mounts front and rear
9.New sun visor clips
10.New Battery
11.CD Player
12.Audi 3 spoke steering wheel
13.New Rear Light Clusters
14.Original Odometer stopped working at 100,430 miles and was replaced with a used set of clocks with 62,000 miles. Total ACTUAL mileage now 110,000 miles (Original clocks included in sale)
15.A-Pillar corrosion cut out and repaired with new metal, and painted.
16.Drivers door replaced with brand new OEM door following third party reversing into it while parked. new paint to R/H Side (£1900 cost to 3rd parties insurer)

The car is great to drove and the 2226 KV 5 cylinder engine pulls really strongly.

This car is rare in that it is equipped with the optional Bosch ABS Anti Lock Brakes and Air Conditioning giving excellent braking performance in hazardous conditions.

The centre and rear lockable differentials lock as they should, this means in really treacherous conditions the car can still extricate itself.. In wet weather or snowy conditions the traction is nothing short of remarkable and the Quattro system went on to be Audi's most famous innovation.

Alloy wheels are in great shape and are fitted with Pirelli tyres with plenty of tread remaining, the quattto's mostly came with a space save spare tyre as does this example..

The interior on this car is in outstanding condition having been fitted with seat cover by the previous owner as such it has not suffered from the usual wear and tear to the drives seat bolsters and all the seats are looking virtually as new.

The car currently has a later 3 spoke Audi Sport Steering Wheel but the original steering wheel is included in the sale.

The paintwork on this car is excellent and the MOT Tester commented on the fact the body is corrosion free and very solid indeed

The MOT Was done on Saturday the 17th October and passed with no advisories whatsoever, highlighting the great condition of this car both aesthetically and mechanically.

As with any 29 year old car it is not perfect, there are some age related marks, including a very small dent in the near side rear panel, it is about the size of a fingernail and looks like it was probably done by a supermarket trolley. The flexible paint on the rear spoiler could do with being re-done,, or replaced with black unpainted one.

I would strongly recommend any potential buyers come and view the car, I believe it is a great car and in fantastic condition for its age, but as with any 29 year old car it is not perfect and if you bid you bid to buy not kick the tyres. I have set an eBay reserve of £5,000 and based on recent sales of similar cars with higher mileage and no ABS or Air Con Am open to offers and would really like to see this car go to a Classic Audi forum member that will cherish the car as much as the previous owner and I have.

VIEWING OF THIS CAR IS VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Very few Coupe quattro's remain and a genuine 3 owner car in this condition is a very rare find.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by sportquattro; 19-10-15 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Typo correction
sportquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-15, 09:52 PM   #2
Minty
Classic Audi Club Member

Very nice & sensibly priced in the context of current market/selling prices - sure it'll find a good home.

Rare in that colour I think.

GLWS
1986 GT 2.0 Tornado Red - long gone
2001 A6 2.4 V6 - exported to Ireland
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-15, 06:02 AM   #3
andya
Classic Audi Club Member

A friend of mine has a d reg cq, also with the abs and air con, I was beginning to think his was unique.

Good luck with the sale

andya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-15, 07:42 AM   #4
sportquattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Very nice & sensibly priced in the context of current market/selling prices - sure it'll find a good home.

Rare in that colour I think.

GLWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andya View Post
A friend of mine has a d reg cq, also with the abs and air con, I was beginning to think his was unique.

Good luck with the sale
Thanks guys, the ABS Air Con ones are very rare, have only seen one other and that was way back in the early 90's. Hoping that she goes to a good home.
Old 02-11-15, 05:34 PM   #5
sportquattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

SOLD

To an Audi enthusiast in Cape Town, South Africa.

His sister collected the car today and paid in cash (carefully checked for fakes) so I'm a happy bunny but a bit sad to see the old girl drive away. Rather pleased she has gone to a good home and will be cherished.

Last edited by sportquattro; 03-11-15 at 05:33 PM. Reason: lousy spelling/typing
Old 02-11-15, 06:01 PM   #6
swb quattro
Grown up member

My cq as aircon and abs as well e plate
swb quattro is offline   Reply With Quote