Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Pm service SPAM Moderators

Old 13-08-17, 12:38 PM   #11
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi80fan View Post
I disagree. Running a forum is a ballache. I wouldn't even do it personally. Spammers are relentless and its a never-ending battle.

Overalll I think the owners of this site do a great job (no doubt whilst having a busy life besides).

vBulletin - keeping your site spam free isn't easy, here's a taster.. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...s-and-spammers

NOPE you're wrong, this many never used to get on here, more a case of eye off the ball i think, in fairness to you though it's just my opinion and i would be clueless

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 01:40 PM   #12
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel View Post
Don't panic I have spoken to. Cozy and as soon as he get signal he will sort it . At the moment he's currently in middle of a field with us at Aitp ......

Do please do NOT open the spam message.

Forgot to put, today is a day to be enjoyed, another day is for problem sorting

Everybody have a great time !

Old 13-08-17, 04:51 PM   #13
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi80fan View Post
I disagree. Running a forum is a ballache. I wouldn't even do it personally. Spammers are relentless and its a never-ending battle.

Overalll I think the owners of this site do a great job (no doubt whilst having a busy life besides).

vBulletin - keeping your site spam free isn't easy, here's a taster.. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...s-and-spammers

Hear Hear!
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 06:47 PM   #14
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Sad to say, Bruce, but I have to say I completely disagree .

I have a roster which has to be about the most enviable in the business. Alternating week on, week off. Subjectively, the most time off you're likely to get without being retired.
Yet this year, I've worked almost as much as last, and barely have energy , time or inclination to crack on with much of the projects as I'd like.

Anti-spamming the site I'd imagine is a laborious and like highly demotivating task, probably done manually, and unrewarding on many counts
There's a good chance that the motivation behind spamming is highly lucrative. It just needs someone willing to do the scut work or maybe write a program/automate a task, and hey-ho, it's raining shite.

I'm irritated by the spam, as much as the next. At least if it involved some humour we could laugh while wishing a pestilence of mothers-in-law on the little shits.

Having recently got through to the classic Audi FB 'page', I can enthusiastically say this place is still it! (I still don't understand Facebook any more now, than three weeks ago)

Coxy's C-A is fine. It just needs loving and nursing, and occasional delousing.

Peace
(Unless you are a spammer, hacker, bengali, related to my ex-ex-ex-ex, etc, in which case may all your bhajis give you the trots)

Last edited by Hanuman; 13-08-17 at 06:55 PM.
Hanuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 06:53 PM   #15
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

all messages sent by the spammer have been deleted and the user has been ousted!
I have to manually accept every user who registers on the site and run their email address through the Stop Forum Spam website but occasionally, one will slip past my unwitting eye!!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 06:56 PM   #16
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
Sad to say, Bruce, but I have to to I completely disagree .

I have a roster which has to be about the most enviable in the business. Alternating week on, week off. Subjectively, the most time off you're likely to get without being retired.
Yet this year, I've worked almost as much as last, and barely have energy , time or inclination to crack on with much of the projects as I'd like.

Anti-spamming the site I'd imagine is a laborious and like highly demotivating task, probably done manually, and unrewarding on many counts
There's a good chance that the motivation behind spamming is highly lucrative. It just needs someone willing to do the scut work or maybe write a program/automate a task, and hey-ho, it's raining shite.

I'm irritated by the spam, as much as the next. At least if it involved some humour we could laugh while wishing a pestilence of mothers-in-law on the little shits.

Having recently got through to the classic Audi FB 'page', I can enthusiastically say this place is still it! (I still don't understand Facebook any more now, than three weeks ago)

Coxy's C-A is fine. It just needs loving and nursing, and occasional delousing.

Peace
(Unless you are a spammer, hacker, bengali, related to my ex-ex-ex-ex, etc, in which case may all your bhajis be give you the trots)

That's fair enough, everybody is entitled to an opinion, as i say i would be clueless as to how to sort anything out this problem wise, so perhaps it's time for me to stop criticising and just let those in the know get on with whatever they do.

As for the last part of your post :-

Love that humour of yours !

Old 13-08-17, 07:02 PM   #17
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin5t View Post

As for the last part of your post :-

Love that humour of yours !

The ex ex ex ex and her relatives felt slightly differently, much to her disadvantage.
I'm sure there's a Fatwa on my head.
Old 13-08-17, 07:11 PM   #18
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
The ex ex ex ex and her relatives felt slightly differently, much to her disadvantage.
I'm sure there's a Fatwa on my head.

are they that humourless
Old 13-08-17, 07:12 PM   #19
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
all messages sent by the spammer have been deleted and the user has been ousted!
I have to manually accept every user who registers on the site and run their email address through the Stop Forum Spam website but occasionally, one will slip past my unwitting eye!!

Thanks Coxy.