Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » 87 Audi Coupe 1.8 GT B2 Alpine White Long MOT Lots of Work Done!

Old 22-10-18, 09:42 AM   #1
5potJacko
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default 87 Audi Coupe 1.8 GT B2 Alpine White Long MOT Lots of Work Done!
Vehicle Model : B2 Coupe 1.8 GT
Price : £3995
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd
On Ebay : Ebay Link

As per title, looking to move on my Audi Coupe. Please follow the ebay link for engine photos. I'd take a P/X of a 5 cylinder audi b3/b4 or quattro cars considered (any model) avant would be handy!

Advert as written for ebay:

esting the water here as I love this car dearly (and so does everyone else) but I just don't use it very much! Very original example! I get comments anywhere I go in it and these are quite a rare car these days!

1987 Audi Coupe GT 1.8 in Alpine White (find another one for sale) Stunner in this colour and trim and very eighties! 151k miles, starts and runs. I've driven this car all over the place and would trust it to drive anywhere. The 1.8 injection engine is the same as that used in Golf GTI's of the same era.

MOT until June 2019

I bought this car earlier this year after it had been sitting in a barn for several years. Previous owner was a bit clueless and thought it had a blocked injector, I changed the spark plugs and it ran fine! It has spent most of its life in and around the Lincoln area. It still has its original Boston Audi VW dealer plates fitted. I have partial history and have carried out a lot of work on the car in my ownership.

Standard equipment includes, 5 Speed manual gearbox with good clutch, sunroof, windy windows, power steering, sports seats (rip on drivers bolster) leather gear knob and new audi sport leather gator, black carpets and factory carpet mats, tinted windscreen top and side glass, VDO centre gauges, rear spoiler, side skirts, audi decals (brand new supplied with car) smoked rear lights and centre light strip. I have the original owners pack with receipts etc from the past and all receipts for work I've undertaken and new parts fitted. 2 sets of keys.

I have spent a lot of time and money on this car.

In my ownership its had the following:

New head gasket, water pump, belts, full service, all with receipts.

New temp sensor, refurbed thermostat housing, secondary temperature gauge inside cabin (dash gauge is temperamental)

Brand new battery March this year. Always starts even after sitting.

Brand new full exhaust system from manifold back. This was quite hard to source but its now fitted and will last for years! Needs slight adjustment at the back joint as there is a very small blow.

Recently fitted special edition ATS Cup Alloys these are white from factory and are a special edition offset of et20 so they stick out more than standard ATS cups. Have a spare matching alloy with no tyre. All tyres fitted have a lot of tread left. My asking price includes the original 14inch alloys.

Brand new clear front indicators and side repeaters. The front clear indicators I had to source from Portugal and really lift the front of the car. All original lights included.

New yellow lamp covers so the headlights look yellow when turned on. Easily removed if required.

I have repainted the fuel flap as it was flaking paint. Can of matching alpine white paint included.

New sun visor clips as the old ones were broken. New leather gearstick gaitor as old one had it.

My full asking price includes a brand new set of TA technics 40mm lowering suspension (shocks and springs) these cost me nearly £300 only last month. If I keep the car I will be fitting them.

Also have a new idle valve as the car runs a bit lumpy when first started cold, but it does run and doesn't cut out, settles down when warm.

Bodywork has dings scrapes and marks but its still very presentable.

More pictures on request for serious interest only. I would strongly advise viewing the car and won't take offers without this.

I may be tempted in P/X deals with another classic Audi 5 cylinder Audi 80/90/coupe or try me, anything considered. Not looking for a direct swap thanks.

Not desperate to sell at all I simply have too many vehicles parked outside my house!

Based in Bishops Stortford, near stansted, junction 8 of the M11, around 20 minutes from Junction 27 of the M25. I ca ncollect buyers from nearby train stations or Stansted airport.
5potJacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-18, 12:30 PM   #2
5potJacko
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thinking I'm going to put a 1.8t in this so for the moment removed from sale!
5potJacko is offline   Reply With Quote