Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Are C3 values climbing.....?

Old 29-01-21, 08:13 AM   #11
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
Quite like the quattro, interior looks tidy and original and its a facelift as its got the flush door handles. Shame its not on fuchs wheels !
Interior does look tidy, original(?) radio too which is rare for a car of this age. If it had the Fuchs it would've sold before it was advertised !
I bet it'd polish up well?
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-21, 10:38 AM   #12
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Interior does look tidy, original(?) radio too which is rare for a car of this age. If it had the Fuchs it would've sold before it was advertised !
I bet it'd polish up well?
Yep, my exact thoughts on the interior, back in the late 90's for around 4 months I used to pass one every day on my drive to work parked at the side of the road about 1 mile from where I lived it was for sale complete with fuchs wheels for the extortionate (seemed to me at the time) price of £500, I fancied the wheels for my Ur but £500 was a bit excessive at the time as I'd just bught a new ZRX1100 Kawasaki and the misses would not have approved !

Oh how things change.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-21, 12:10 PM   #13
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
........the misses would not have approved !

Have you still got the ZRX, bit of a cult following now I think(?), especially the 1100?
Old 29-01-21, 08:01 PM   #14
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:

Have you still got the ZRX, bit of a cult following now I think(?), especially the 1100?
Yep got it in 99 on a T plate for my 42nd birthday ! keeping the other 10 old bikes in my garage company (I never sell anything)

Latest daft project is a 1973 TX750 Yamaha twin, known for self destructing due to aerated oil whipped up by its balance shafts. Never imported into the UK, very few left now but with modern oils and a deeper sump and adjustable balance shafts they can be made to work these days (well I'm hoping).
Old 30-01-21, 06:44 AM   #15
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Yep got it in 99 on a T plate for my 42nd birthday ! keeping the other 10 old bikes in my garage company (I never sell anything)

Latest daft project is a 1973 TX750 Yamaha twin, known for self destructing due to aerated oil whipped up by its balance shafts. Never imported into the UK, very few left now but with modern oils and a deeper sump and adjustable balance shafts they can be made to work these days (well I'm hoping).
Right enough, I remember now you mentioned it(ZRX) in another thread?

The TX will be the ZRX of it's day yes/no?

Old 31-01-21, 11:44 AM   #16
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Right enough, I remember now you mentioned it(ZRX) in another thread?

The TX will be the ZRX of it's day yes/no?

It was Yamaha's first attempt at a 750cc big bike, the writing was on the wall for 2 strokes in the USA in the early 70's so they went with the then norm and created a 2 cylinder 360 degree parallel twin 4 stroke engine unlike Honda which had released a 4 cylinder in 1968/9, Yamaha reasoning was that 2 cylinders are narrower than 4 and lighter.
It was just that they complicated things by using counter balancing weights trying to get round the inherent vibration issues with a parallel twin (think classic British like Triumph or BSA).
Yamaha never followed the norm in the 70's as later they released a 3 cylinder 750 (1976) and also a 500cc 180 degree twin with DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder (1973) also with counter balancing weights, all driven by chain, which I believe was a first for a production engine in a motorcycle (DOHC, 4 valve head, balancing shafts).
Old 31-01-21, 12:12 PM   #17
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

The TX, is it a runner ?

Old 31-01-21, 12:49 PM   #18
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
The TX, is it a runner ?

I've not yet had it running but I bought it as 'engine runs with no nasty noises or exhaust smoke with adjustable balancer mod fitted' no title but it does have a nova (imported to UK in 2014 !).
So at the moment I've removed carbs and I've given them a full ultrasonic clean and I have the forks off as I'm replacing stancions and head bearings, tank is full of citric acid to remove rust, hoping to get it back together nx month to try a start.
Currently acquiring parts to improve and rebuild it ready for summer, finding that its easier and quicker to get stuff from USA than it is from europe, my europe orders from mid December are still in progress and looking like I will be double taxed on them if they do arrive thanks to new policy post Brexit. !