Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Audi 90 Q 20 v for sale on gumtree 1990 black

Old 17-03-13, 06:56 PM   #1
Blueroom classics
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi 90 Q 20 v for sale on gumtree 1990 black
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Model : Audi 90 Q 20 v 4 door Saloon
Price : £750
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,MOT'd
On Ebay : Ebay Link

Hi to everyone in this forum.
I posted this car when I first got it a few months ago and was criticised for trying to sell it to early, I didn't intend to sell it , I was just replying to adds that were asking for this type of car and saying it would be for sale for the right price. I owned one many years ago and told a dealer I Know about it and when the dealer I know came across this one, he bought it and put it on my drive for me to see if I wanted to take it on. Since then I have to be honest and say I haven't touched it. I started it up today and drove it around the block and parked it back up.
I am not a mechanic or even a restorer, I am a lorry driver with very few spare hours in my day and even less money to tax cars , let alone put petrol and time and money into them.

Anyway , explanation over. This car was bought by a trader last year just before Christmas and comes with a massive box of receipts and history and is for sale on gumtree for £750.

I wont tell you what its not and I wont pretend to know what it is, Its a black Audi 90 20 v Quattro with out a rear spoiler and Air con but with a sport steering wheel and standard Alloys.
Ask me questions if you want , and please come and look if your interested I hope you know someone who can do this Audi justice as I know I cant.
I await your posts with interest.

Well not one single reply , maybe I'm not in the click , I thought it was a car forum not a popularity contest, oh well , the car is now on eBay as well as gumtree and is being sold no reserve.
If anybody wants to know anything or even come to see it , please contact me. Thanks for being here, for me members , I too joined and paid my membership fee.
Blueroom classics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-13, 10:10 PM   #2
Blueroom classics
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Well not one single reply , maybe I'm not in the click , I thought it was a car forum not a popularity contest, oh well , the car is now on eBay as well as gumtree and is being sold no reserve.
If anybody wants to know anything or even come to see it , please contact me. Thanks for being here, for me members , I too joined and paid my membership fee.
Old 21-03-13, 11:01 PM   #3
Audiden
Classic Audi Club Member

Not much in the way of popularity contests here, but remember the B3 90 (for reasons beyond my ken!) aren't the most popular Audi's, so that's maybe something to do with the lack of interest. Doesn't look a bad car to be fair... shame it's not a Sport!!

I drive one & think it's amazing, a classic Audi that's still more than capable of the everyday slog. Good luck with your sale
Old 22-03-13, 08:16 AM   #4
qwerty2112
Grown up member

Default Nice car

very nice looking car, i have 3 and they really are underated. real shame your not that interested in it. good luck with the sale.
qwerty2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-13, 11:21 PM   #5
Blueroom classics
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

I had a red one , long time ago and really loved it , dealer friend of mine found this one a few months ago and said did I want it. I did but I have realised I don't have the time or knowledge or know how to look after a car like this. I own an A3 sport back 2.0 tdi and that's good enough for me , I don't need to reminisce anymore , if that makes sense. I wanted one again but as much as its a lovely car and a lot of car , I don't think I need that kind of car anymore so im getting out of it. It's on eBay this week and has reached £444 already , it ends on Sunday and is sold as no reserve so thanks for the comments , I only made the comments i did in my first post as last time I came here, the week I took delivery of the car and because I said I'd sell for the right place people made remarks and cast dispersions. I hadn't fallen in love with this car , I had fallen in love with my original one , in the day back when it was the best car I had ever had and blah blah
Anyway , thanks again for the kind words and I suppose I'll be around as I need to get my £7.50 worth
Old 23-03-13, 09:24 AM   #6
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

it's just a rubbish time of year for selling - no one wants to step outside unless they're playing in the snow with their quattro!
i would put it on hold until the spring time if i was you.

the 90 quattros are terrific cars, the only downside being maintainance and finding someone who knows how to tune them correctly. £675 is washers for a car that cost over £20,000 new but it's the upkeep that's the killer. i've spent over £2000 on mine in repairs and upgrades in less than a year and that's a car that was mot'd and serviced immediately prior to me buying and driving it back up the road!!!

mind you, when it's all done this really is one fantastic car to drive..

Old 23-03-13, 10:02 AM   #7
86audicoupe
Classic Audi Pervert!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueroom classics View Post

This is a car forum. I don't understand where you got the idea it was a 'popularity contest'? We're all mad on Classic Audis but also discuss a wide range of topics. It's free to join this forum - paying the membership fee to become a full member is completely your choice! Regarding the car, it's all about having a buyer in the right place at the right time. Car selling isn't the easiest task as we all know.

On another note, it looks to be a great car and reasonably priced so I'm sure it will sell. Good luck with the sale.
86audicoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-13, 11:08 AM   #8
Blueroom classics
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86audicoupe View Post
This is a car forum. I don't understand where you got the idea it was a 'popularity contest'? We're all mad on Classic Audis but also discuss a wide range of topics. It's free to join this forum - paying the membership fee to become a full member is completely your choice! Regarding the car, it's all about having a buyer in the right place at the right time. Car selling isn't the easiest task as we all know.

On another note, it looks to be a great car and reasonably priced so I'm sure it will sell. Good luck with the sale.
Yeah , I know what your saying , it was just an off the cuff remark as i got stick and barbed comments last time when I joined, I don't see why some people criticise you for wanting to sell a car, I sell cars all the time and also love cars as well, I sometimes think people dont think you can do both.
The car is a good honest example and is described honestly as well.
I don't pretend to be a restorer or even know what I am doing, I just loved the car but now want to sell it , I jumped the gun criticizing maybe, but appreciate the kind comments now , cheers , its on ebay over the weekend as gumtree only got one question and no viewings, just typical that the weekend i chose is snow over the whole country

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2611888898...84.m1558.l2649
Old 23-03-13, 08:40 PM   #9
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

don't worry - there's an allergic reaction to arthur daley types on this forum, that's all....

Old 23-03-13, 09:31 PM   #10
Blueroom classics
Newbie!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneandbolly View Post
don't worry - there's an allergic reaction to arthur daley types on this forum, that's all....