Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Breakdown cover!

Old 20-06-16, 06:53 AM   #11
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MSH! View Post
Some bank accounts come with several additional benefits. Like many things, though; you'll only know if it's any good when you call on them for help.

I used to rate RAC, but they have seriously dumbed down their service.
This! I have AA as part of my Lloyds bank platinum account, you a pay an annual fee for the account but also includes mobile phone and travel insurance (I do over 30 flights a year so it's a valuable service for me)

I've had the AA out more times then I can remember and they have been solid, if I didn't have the account I would pay for them separately.

Examples:

TT fuel pump failure at home, they came, diagnosed and towed to a local garage of my choosing

Alternator belt went on my S4, they came diagnosed, couldn't tow because it's AWD, flat bed response was swift, drove me back 150 miles at 3am and dropped the car at the house. Next day they rang me to arrange recollection and delivery to the garage for repairs, didn't need to call them, they were on it

I also broke down in the cabrio some 70+ miles away when the starter motor went, came out, couldn't tow as it was too low to get on the crane thing that comes out of the van, flatbed inside 30 minutes, subcontracted to external so I didn't have to wait long in the rain for the AA one, delivered straight to garage

And the best was when I had my first LPG S4, it died on a drive on gas, spoke to the AA, they sent an LPG qualified guy out, fixed the problem and I was on my way, now that's service and worth the outlay

Sorry for the long post, but good service doesn't get spoken about as much as bad service!
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-16, 11:58 AM   #12
leggy

cjp0349 - you’ve kind of misunderstood…
when I said, I’m not bothered about roadside as long as I have the reassurance and the option of recovery, I was meaning that I can take or leave the roadside part but I definitely need recovery ‘as part’ of the breakdown cover for both myself and my boy, and without any mileage limit restrictions.

1781cc - appreciate you reply, and it sounds like the AA have done you proud in view of the travelling that you do and cars that you have, but we’re kind of on opposite ends of the spectrum here because my annual mileage averages at around 2500miles/year (insurance limit of 3000mls/yr) and I only have the one car, hence wanting to opt for a smaller and cheaper company rather than the 3 main ones, who (imo) tend to charge excessively due to their ‘brand’ name/s.
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 06:02 PM   #13
leggy

Any more for any more please?

(Aiming to get me some breakdown cover on Saturday, 25th June)
Old 23-06-16, 06:32 PM   #14
spink
Classic Audi Club Member

I can't rate the RAC highly enough,I pay about £9 per month. They have shifted me hundreds of miles several times over the years always without question,in my mind it has to be the only thing I pay where I'm not getting ripped off or over charged
spink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-16, 07:22 PM   #15
cjp0349
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spink View Post
I can't rate the RAC highly enough
That's two for the RAC then

£88.99 per annum or £9.79 a month for roadside and recovery using the earlier link based on a single vehicle or £99.89/£10.70 personal cover
cjp0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-16, 02:50 PM   #16
leggy

Thanks for all of your comments/input chaps!

Having checked out ‘all’ of the links/companies put forward in my thread over the weekend…
I managed to narrow them down to one Breakdown Cover Company that both suited my driving style needs and my budget, and with the reassurance of having not only Roadside Assistance but also UK National Recovery and Home Start now as well, with a saving of £160+ in the bargain (by comparison to the quote received from my existing company; one of the main three!), well I couldn’t be more happier with my decision to take my cover elsewhere.

My new Breakdown Cover Company being ‘RescueMyCar’, so many thanks to john johnson for bringing them to my attention.