Classic Audi Community General Chat » Audi 80 B3 as a daily driver

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-18, 05:58 PM   #21
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
John.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scottish Borders.
Posts: 6,487
Default

A proper fuel injected one...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Audi....c100005.m1851

High miles but body looks ok.......seat's are a bit tired maybe. A set of later/slightly bigger wheels would set it off?
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:02 PM   #22
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Flying Frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kernow, Gods own county !!
Posts: 2,280
Default

OOOOFFFF !!! But Jimbo wants to run up 10,000 miles a year ; get me a tin of T cut and some polish , a nice set of wagon wheels ( in honour of Craig! ) and I'd take the GL any day.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:18 PM   #23
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
John.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scottish Borders.
Posts: 6,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
a nice set of wagon wheels ( in honour of Craig! ) and I'd take the GL any day.
I suppose they'd act like an alarm/immobiliser, it'd put anybody off thinking about nicking it?!
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:22 PM   #24
Flying Frank
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
Flying Frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kernow, Gods own county !!
Posts: 2,280
Default

Shhhhh! Craig might be listening! Actually , I DO like them! But as we all agree , it's "horses for courses".

And I guess when and if Jimbo reads this, you John are the one who has the most experience of Audis out of the two of us so he would do well to listen to you.
Flying Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-18, 06:39 PM   #25
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
John.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scottish Borders.
Posts: 6,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Shhhhh! Craig might be listening! Actually , I DO like them! But as we all agree , it's "horses for courses".

And I guess when and if Jimbo reads this, you John are the one who has the most experience of Audis out of the two of us so he would do well to listen to you.
I think they're like what GL style (dartboard look) steelies are to an old Ford.......they do the job, nothing more nothing less, they're round and they work. They're ok........but why did they make them only 15", why not 16"?.......and have a smaller centre cap?......more like a "minilight".

Anyway.....how many cars have you had?(!).........I'd say you're better placed than me regards experience!!

John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 01:47 PM   #26
Jimbo 123
Newbie!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Frank View Post
Hi, Have been following your quest for a nice Audi 80. Whilst the one you selected looks ok'ish , the one I'd go for is under item number 282696763855. ( couldn't get the link to work )

I was tempted myself , more especially as its an injected version rather than a carb version. Admittedly higher miles but supposedly has a full Audi service history and only one owner. Also higher price but the seller might have some leeway as he is a dealer and you might be able to get a short warranty.

I have no connection with the sale I hasten to add, but from previous experiences, I'd try and steer clear of the old carb cars. Good Luck.
Thanks for the response. You mention that it is ok'ish is there anything that puts you off aside from the it being carb'ed?

What puts me off with the Audi you have shown is that it is literally the other side of the country for me, plus I prefer that interior of the one I have posted.

When you say avoid carb cars from previous experience, have you had issues with carb'd Audi 80's in the past?
Jimbo 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 01:51 PM   #27
Jimbo 123
Newbie!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
A proper fuel injected one...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Audi....c100005.m1851

High miles but body looks ok.......seat's are a bit tired maybe. A set of later/slightly bigger wheels would set it off?
This one is nice, but I do prefer the B3 models.
Jimbo 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 01:52 PM   #28
Jimbo 123
Newbie!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
I think they're like what GL style (dartboard look) steelies are to an old Ford.......they do the job, nothing more nothing less, they're round and they work. They're ok........but why did they make them only 15", why not 16"?.......and have a smaller centre cap?......more like a "minilight".

Anyway.....how many cars have you had?(!).........I'd say you're better placed than me regards experience!!

So in conclusion, who should I listen to the most
Jimbo 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 02:17 PM   #29
msh
4 ring whore!
 
msh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rucava, Latvija
Posts: 3,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy3074 View Post
You may find this useful. Febi are OEM for a lot of German kit.

http://www.febi-live.com




Febi is cheap stuff which is better to be avoided, unless there are no better alternatives.
msh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-18, 02:36 PM   #30
slacky
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
slacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: wirral
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
A proper fuel injected one...... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Audi....c100005.m1851

High miles but body looks ok.......seat's are a bit tired maybe. A set of later/slightly bigger wheels would set it off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo 123 View Post
This one is nice, but I do prefer the B3 models.
that looks lovely to be fair
__________________


90q-Cab.
2.3E-Ur-S6
-b2-80 Sport
Member 111
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna