Classic Audi » Community » Gatherings and Events » Trip to Audi historic museums

Old 26-01-18, 08:59 PM   #1
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Trip to Audi historic museums

OK, so I'm arranging a trip to the Audi Historic museums 1st week Sept.
I have only a few interested and going from Club Audi so am extending the invite to Classic Audi.
Its more of a driving holiday with the Museums thrown in, with the option to stay until Monday to have a factory tour if the new stuff is of interest .
So most are meeting at the Best Western in Dover on the Thursday evening, With a trip from Dover at 8am to Calais or Dunkirk (both been booked by members so far) and a fun drive to Würzburg (60 miles north of Ingolstadt). On Saturday morning its an hours drive to the Museums (recommend paying for all the tours available) and then staying at same hotel Saturday night.
Options are then open, some are staying and making it a longer slow trip back, others like me are heading back to get the 8pm ferry back to Dover.
Anyone after more specific details please let me know and put your name forward here
https://www.audi.com/foren/en/audi-f...ery-tours.html

Coupe quattro 1986:-~450bhp + loooong list of mods!
Audi A7 Bi-TDI SLine Black edition 2015 mapped to produce 600lb/ft torque!
Audi S4 4.2 V8 cabriolet 2004:-
20vcqdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-18, 06:32 PM   #2
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver View Post
OK, so I'm arranging a trip to the Audi Historic museums 1st week Sept.
I have only a few interested and going from Club Audi so am extending the invite to Classic Audi.
Its more of a driving holiday with the Museums thrown in, with the option to stay until Monday to have a factory tour if the new stuff is of interest .
So most are meeting at the Best Western in Dover on the Thursday evening, With a trip from Dover at 8am to Calais or Dunkirk (both been booked by members so far) and a fun drive to Würzburg (60 miles north of Ingolstadt). On Saturday morning its an hours drive to the Museums (recommend paying for all the tours available) and then staying at same hotel Saturday night.
Options are then open, some are staying and making it a longer slow trip back, others like me are heading back to get the 8pm ferry back to Dover.
Anyone after more specific details please let me know and put your name forward here
https://www.audi.com/foren/en/audi-f...ery-tours.html
Hows anyone supposed to keep up with you Dave?
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-18, 08:41 AM   #3
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
I'll be on best behaviour whilst in the convoy, maybe the odd quick blast and back to cruise speed. Especially in UK wiith these new speeding laws that must have been dreamt up by the usual brain dead numpties that lets unemployed and retired speed without much fear and middle earners and rich pay extortionate amounts for usually a short lack of concentration. If it was based on disposable income I'd be OK too Fun has gone out of driving on UK roads....

Old 10-09-18, 03:02 PM   #4
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
That was easy, we took 2 way radios, I sent them 2 miles ahead and told them to do a steady 80mph and I'd catch them up in 30 seconds (see 100 Avant in vid)
https://www.facebook.com/10000670651...4284883805040/
This was about the only chance as it was pretty busy most the time but German Autobahn drivers are far superior to UK motorway drivers....
Even so, I ran out of room before I could get the magic 160mph I know the old girl can do. This was an uphill stretch too... Was still as steady as a rock at this speed too, Testament to its over engineering of 30 years ago