Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Audi 80 2.6 Quattro Estate- **Has Been Sold**

Old 10-08-17, 09:03 AM   #1
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi 80 2.6 Quattro Estate
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : 80 Avant Quattro
Price : £995

Audi 80 2.6 Quattro Estate

Interesting number plate L51 MNV. Becoming a rare car nowadays.

I also have a replacement exhaust manifold and front ball joint available priced separately which is what the car failed its MOT on.

I have upgraded the steering wheel and gearknob and spent a couple of hundred on bits and pieces. The fuel lines were replaced for copper lines last year by quattrodave. It has a slightly noisy alternator which you can hear on startup and a slight oil leak which is a common V6 problem.

Bodywork

Few minor dents here and there on the sides, no rust, very solid. Paint fade on roof / bonnet.

Interior

Quattro script cloth seats. Sunroof works. Headlining removed and needs replacing (I have all parts). All electrics work. Remote central locking. CD player.

I believe the car failed this MOT as it was sat unused for the best part of 10 months which is not ideal. It passed with no advisories on the previous 3 years prior to that if you check MOT history. The car has done around 198,000 miles. Clocks were changed a few years ago as they were broken. Now reading around 134,000 miles. Runs great regardless.

Price £995. No offers.

Last edited by audi80fan; 04-09-17 at 02:14 PM.
audi80fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 09:16 AM   #2
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Hmm, sorry to see you're not going to get this sorted, but hey not a bad investment if you double what you paid me for it last year
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 09:27 AM   #3
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks for that Dave. Yes I will be glad to close this chapter.

Last edited by audi80fan; 25-08-17 at 12:19 PM. Reason: The information in this post is no longer valid.
Old 10-08-17, 10:49 AM   #4
John.
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Simon.
Sorry it's come to this..........I can relate to cars' getting the better of you.
All the best and GLWS.
John.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 10:58 AM   #5
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Thank you John. All the best mate.

I still have the RS4 rep.
Old 10-08-17, 01:30 PM   #6
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi80fan View Post
Thanks for that Dave. Yes I will be glad to close this chapter.

Ah just re-read the post. OK I guess I will have to start justifying the price. Here goes:-

Upgraded steering wheel - £100 all day long on ebay
Gearknob - £40
New suspension components included in sale - £50
Exhaust manifold and gasket - £80
Parts for engine only last week £50
Replacement indicators to pass MOT £20
Replacement alloys (nobody likes 10 spokes).
New battery - £50

Plus other bits I probably missed and a shed load of my time. I'll be honest this project has not been an investment at all, if it was then a very bad one. I stand to lose money hand over fist. I have £700 spent on wrap material, and another £1500- £2000 on RS2 bits and pieces that I am sure to lose on.

But, thats the trouble when you buy these sort of cars, previous owner always feels aggrieved at the selling price when you come to sell it. Another reason I want to close this chapter and move on with my life.
No not aggrieved Simon, I know how these things add up, just interesting how the £700 I paid for the car in July 2013 has risen to todays level, I think I spent around £400 on the car sorting the headlamps, new radiator, belts, coilpack, knock sensors, wheels, tyres, clear indicators (yes I took the orange ones off) and numerious hours spent fitting them and fettling to get it running better. But that said these things are still going up in price and yes it needs interior work to bring it up to scratch.

As a comprision the 2000 model A4 1.8 TQS I bought to replace it has already consumed £2000 in the past 10 months on top of the £1000 I paid for it last September just putting past maladies to rights and general servicing (none of the £2000 spent includes any garage time as I do it myself).

If it does go to someone on here I have the original air conditioning system (needs new rad and dryer) and a spare exhaust system and somewhere the interior door material (quattro script) if I ever find it again.

Amusing I fitted the 10 spokes to put it back to original as it had the 6 spoke cab wheels on when I got it, the 10 spokes came off my Coupe quattro, hope the wheels you've fitted have as good a set of tyres, I also removed the original 3 spoke wheel as I thought it had some additional value to sell seperately, the 4 spoke was the leather one I bought in 1998 to replace the plastic wheel originally on my Audi 90 Quattro 20v (it was since replaced some years ago by a 3 spoke).

GLWS no hard feelings, but you should have run it after you bought it thats the way you bond with a car and iron out all the little niggles rather than finding them at MOT time.

Last edited by quattrodave; 10-08-17 at 01:35 PM.
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 01:54 PM   #7
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

GLWS !

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 01:56 PM   #8
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

You are right there. It should have been my every day car from the beginning. I am sad about the whole thing tbh.

Last edited by audi80fan; 25-08-17 at 12:19 PM. Reason: The information in this post is no longer valid.
Old 12-08-17, 02:37 AM   #9
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Cool Not all wrong there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi80fan View Post
...Replacement alloys (nobody likes 10 spokes).

Old 25-08-17, 11:09 AM   #10
audi80fan
Classic Audi Club Member

Ellipsoid headlights available separately. It's now back on its standard lights which have been upgraded for better visibility by previous owner.

Back for sale.

Last edited by audi80fan; 25-08-17 at 11:34 AM.