Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » buying a car that is sorned?

Old 02-06-15, 06:39 PM   #41
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

so ... what did you buy her ?
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 06:41 PM   #42
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

2004 3.2 Boxster S
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 06:49 PM   #43
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

nice,
nearly bought one in 2002 but bought an ex demo S3 ...........and again in 2006ish , in the showroom at Reading Porsche both were low mileage, in the showroom with the new cars.... but I didn't, not sure why not, I'd have it out of my system by now wouldn't I
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 08:05 PM   #44
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It has been said in this thread that taxing a car on line or on the phone is easy.Yes i would agree but for one point. Yesterday evening was a joke. About 20 mins on the mobile trying to get tax over 2 calls got cut of first time. At a cost of up to 40p a minuite. Only to be told they would not take my money as they couldn't and would not. Why,because the car was sorned only a couple days before so as to avoid loosing a whole months tax. Nothing can be changed on the vehicle online or by phone within the 5 day gestation period. They told me to get the tax at a post office at 5.30pm

We went to the first one.Sorry we don't do tax here.The second one,sorry we close at 5.30 pm.The third post office,the guy is on the phone to the post office which is a call to belgium now it's privatised. I waited about 10mins whilst he tries to get his frozen screen sorted by Post office technical. He had just sent a Money Gram. The 4th post office several miles and 30 mins later was perfect.I explained or should i say moaned at the caffufel in a jovial joking manor ,where they promtly agreed UK PLC doesn't work anymore.I then said what the problem with country was, it's nice that most people are actually talking about it nowadays openly, where they all whole heartidly agreed and voluntarily said, all day every day Romanians and everyone else from the east were sending money grams all day long back home. That would solve the Chancellors headache of not knowing why the economy is not performing properly .We have a few million people working here sending money a lot of it back home. Simples isn't it.If we all did that the economy would collapse in less than a week.

I used to feel proud to be English/British.Not any more. This country has become a pathetic joke. And all of this was to try to be the honest law abiding citizen i have always been,instead of the lying scum bags who used to sell cars with a tax disc but tell the DVLA they lost it,therfore getting a refund,leaving the new onwer, that was, illegally driving a car that has no tax depite them actually displaying one. Thats why folks we have this new ridiculous system.Because the dodgy few have yet again ruined it for the vast majority of normal honest decent people.

Last edited by vorsprung durch technik; 02-06-15 at 08:16 PM.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 09:43 PM   #45
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

I did it on line and took less than 2 minutes start to finish...
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 10:17 PM   #46
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I must admit, I'd forgotten about the daft 5 day wait period between sorn and unsorn. It's only caught me out once.

VDT, as I tentatively search for cover, just in case. Did you get it done?
Old 02-06-15, 11:58 PM   #47
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Yes the fourth post office was a revelation,as if my mothers generation had served me,very polite efficient and humorous.How weird is that in this day and age!

Driving home was even better than i had dared to imagine.

Old 03-06-15, 12:08 AM   #48
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
I did it on line and took less than 2 minutes start to finish...
Yes in as easy as 2 mins,yet the 5 day rule was not mentioned in this thread,could have been typed in 10 secs. At least you should all know now.