Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » Audi Coupe type 81-84 rear and front bumper and fuse box .

Old 24-07-19, 07:23 PM   #1
cd9
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi Coupe type 81-84 rear and front bumper and fuse box .

Hopefully someone can help with this..

Does anyone have a reasonably priced rear bumper and front bumper for a 1982-3 Audi coupe type 1 81-84 ....

I am trying to help someone who has this car but is having difficulty finding parts and he is not a member of this club...

There are a pair on eBay but the seller wants £200.00 for the font bumper and £185.00 £ 5.00 more than just yesterday for the rear which I think is a bit much even for that car in my opinion...

Anyone who can help please message me privately preferably ..
cd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 08:36 PM   #2
a1quattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

hi I own a 1984 bumper model , the parts are hard to find but worth trying face book , there are several coupe gt , forums [ if you call it that on fb]
a1quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 08:56 PM   #3
cd9
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Thanks for your response but I'm not on Facebook but can make enquiries regardless ...

Are these bumpers likely to be as expensive as what is on eBay right now and do you know of anywhere that might do new versions of this bumper like maybe Audi tradition?..

There was a guy in Luxembourg who had a site that sold mainly new parts for early Audi cars but now I can't recall the name?..
Old 24-07-19, 10:02 PM   #4
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

The problem is, they’re a 36+ year old part. If you’re like most here, you’ve either owned or watched/priced these cars and parts for decades. So, to say a part is only worth x is date stamped in time. 10 years ago I bought a full set of Ur Quattro bumpers (front and rear) for £250 and cut them up to fit the rally car, today, that is a £1000+ mistake. The reality is, is £400 too much for good B2 bumpers in 2019 when you can’t buy a new A4 electric mirror for that ? Probably not. It’s all about how much you want them against how much you’ll pay for them and of course the overall value of the end product.... The car you fit them to. They’re only worth what someone will pay for them. And that is probably more than last year and less than next year.
Old 24-07-19, 10:44 PM   #5
cd9
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Ok and Thank you for reply..

I will tell my man about the Facebook option but I think he really does wants the ones on eBay and has offered £250.00 and no response so far...

Just thinking if a normal Audi 80 saloon early car bumper might or could be adapted for fit early coupe, probably not but Maybe?..

My knowledge of these cars isn't all that so I appreciate any Guidance..
Old 25-07-19, 08:25 AM   #6
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It was only the high spec 80s that had the fog lights and indicators in the bumper like the Coupe so they're normally different
Old 25-07-19, 08:28 AM   #7
DETROITPISTON
Grown up member

It is possible to fit the later style(colour coded) bumpers which could possibly be slightly cheaper but would the final price end up the same by the time other bits n bobs(trim/fogs etc) are sorted? i'm not sure.
As others have said, is £400 a lot nowadays for a set of "classic" bumpers? There's people spending that amount and more on general running costs/services/MOT's on many a car.

As the values of "lower end" audi cars have risen/been dragged up then less and less are being broken nowadays for parts. You might find that when all the currently available parts have dried up you might not even get the option to pay £400 in the not too distant future.
DETROITPISTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 12:44 PM   #8
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETROITPISTON View Post
As the values of "lower end" audi cars have risen/been dragged up then less and less are being broken nowadays for parts. You might find that when all the currently available parts have dried up you might not even get the option to pay £400 in the not too distant future.

Good point being made there !

sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 07:34 PM   #9
cd9
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Hi yes i agree with you but at the same time people I think are a bit too greedy at times and it shows..

Just because something is rare does not necessarily mean it should cost a Lot, for example there is a b2 front bumper I've seen for £249.95 and I have the exact same bumper from my 90cd and I wouldn't dream of asking that amount and I've had mine on eBay for as little as £20.00 starting bid with no interest at all so I wonder how this other will sell for that amount?..

Same time there is a b2 rear bumper for a Sensible and reasonable £49.95 and both those bumpers are almost as rare as early gt coupe but yet look at the difference in price..

Everyone likes to make a buck but sometimes people want too much..
Old 25-07-19, 07:57 PM   #10
DETROITPISTON
Grown up member

Rare things don't necessarily cost a lot and often don't if demand is low. However, supply and demand combined do dictate prices. If some of the items mentioned were significantly below their true market value they simply wouldn't still be for sale.

I think the early gt bumpers are a fair bit rarer than the later ones. They were only produced for a much shorter period on limited models, and by definition any rusty cars would've been crushed long ago. The majority of survivors left are mainly being restored now rather than parted out.

It could be worse, stick the letters UR in front and you can multiply the price by five!!!
DETROITPISTON is offline   Reply With Quote