Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments » Cabriolet roof again

Old 30-03-19, 11:04 PM   #1
Flash Harry
Grown up member

Default Cabriolet roof again

Hi,

I recently got my Audi Cabriolet’s roof working again by replacing the 7 core wire and topping up the hydrolic oil.

However, I needed to swap the bootlid over as the original was damaged. After doing this. The roof won’t go down any more

Everything seems to give the correct signal. As the roof will releases and cause the windows to start to go down. But there is no motion al all from the hydrolic sustem. I know it’s an issue with something I swapped over on the bootlid (all parts are original apart from the metal panel) But some advice to find the needle in the haystack is appreciated !!

Last edited by Flash Harry; 31-03-19 at 08:09 AM.
Flash Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-19, 02:03 PM   #2
newsh
Grown up member

Is the switch on the boot lock working ok?
newsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-19, 03:31 PM   #3
Flash Harry
Grown up member

Yes, the lock works from both the central locking and turning of the key. Before I changed the lid, I found I had to manually lock the boot before the roof would release at all. All the lights work as they did before. So I think it must be I have damaged one of the micro switches, as I would have thought that if it was a fractured wire, something wouldn’t work?
Old 04-04-19, 08:08 AM   #4
Flash Harry
Grown up member

Found the problem. Turns out there is a rod that controls the microswitch on the boot latch. This rod is operated from a tab on the back of the lock that is pushed by the actuator.

So if you put the lock in upside down, said rod is not operated