Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Spend money on my C4 A6 or get a C6 A6

Old 25-08-15, 06:18 AM   #1
Jaco Mostert
Grown up member

Default Spend money on my C4 A6 or get a C6 A6

Hi, I haven't been active on the forums or on my cars for that matter. I'm finishing with my studies at the end of the year, so I'll have an income and some money to put into my cars.

I'm currently struggling to decide whether or not to buy a newer car. My A6 Avant 2.6 is my daily driver and is in a good condition mechanically. My one option is to restore it properly and get it resprayed, get the upholstery redone and fix a few minor annoyances. This would cost me an estimated R40000 (about £1920) Option 2 is to buy a newer A6 4.2, which would cost me R120000 (about £5760), which may or may not have problems. With option 2 I will still save up to restore my 2.6 at a later stage. My main concern is spending a lot of money on the older car and only being sble to insure it for market value. If something were to happen to the car I would be very sad, mostly because I love my car, but I would also be losing all the money i spent.

In option 2 my 100 Coupé S will get preferential treatment in the funding department, but in option 1 the A6 is restored and doesn't need preferential treatment. The Coupé S is also mechanically good, with the interior needing some attention and I still need to get it registered on my name (Some outstanding license fees from the previous owner).
Jaco Mostert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-15, 09:17 AM   #2
Jaco Mostert
Grown up member

Another option I am starting to consider is to get a D2 A8 4.2 or a C4 S4/S6, which would cost about the same as fixing my A6.
Jaco Mostert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-15, 09:35 AM   #3
thats quattro
Newbie!

Jaco, check your inbox Pm sent. Groete Pierre.
thats quattro is offline   Reply With Quote