Classic Audi » Technical » Mech/Tech » Interior » Door card. Audi 100 c4

Old 24-09-21, 09:01 AM   #1
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Door card. Audi 100 c4

I have to tinker with the left front window mechanism. The first issue is getting the door card off!
I’m guess there’s a couple of screws completely hidden behind some trim or cover. So before I take my big breaker bar to it…

What, where and how to reveal all the fixings?
Old 24-09-21, 09:08 AM   #2
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

On B4 cars the card has to be lifted up to release, not pulled off like a B2. It’s possible the C4 is the same as the B4.
Old 24-09-21, 09:21 AM   #3
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

I had initially assumed it was similar to the V8, which does the same. But not quite. Something, possibly 27years of being undisturbed, is making it blood reluctant to shift.

The inner door handle has a cover which is popped into place with a plastic barb doing the retaining bit. In dim light, looking upwards through a small hole, it looks like there’s a slot head screw in there, but no. It’s just the plastic inside. The cover just pulls off, from the bottom. This reveals the two central screws.

Getting at the screw behind the the inner release is the main obstacle. The car doesn’t look that great, but I don’t really want to impose more claw marks on the interior than absolutely necessary.

Last edited by Hanuman; 24-09-21 at 09:28 AM.
Hanuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-21, 10:09 AM   #4
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Sorted!

For those who may come after…
There are a couple of perimeter screws which are not hidden. One by the mirror, and one at the back end of the panel. Item 20.
Getting the door handle cover off is easy once you know how it works. I was being very cautious with 27year old plastics, in case they are too brittle.

This reveals the two screws item 4.
There is a hidden screw behind the inner release.

This is revealed by removing a small trim section forward of the handle, then sliding the whole lever and electric window switch panel forward. The hidden screw is obscured behind a membrane.

As I need to remove the panel to get at the window mechanism; the door release has to come off- this is a simple cable hook, and a spring clip retainer. One electrical connect for the window switch.
The whole door panel is then lifted up. 27years of grime, the weight of the panel itself all give the feeling that there’s at least one more screw.

And the speaker cable, in case you’re inclined to suddenly run away with the door panel.

And this gives access to my problem- the glass has simply detached from the saddle.

Hopefully some heavy duty adhesive found lurking in the garage will sort it.

Last edited by Hanuman; 24-09-21 at 10:16 AM.
Hanuman is offline   Reply With Quote