Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts Wanted » Audi 80 b4 tdi avant front suspension

Old 05-05-21, 12:05 PM   #1
sjp001
Grown up member

Default Audi 80 b4 tdi avant front suspension

Hey all, My garage just called to say my front shocks need replacing on my b4 tdi avant, but they say they are concerned about the rusty condition of the strut tubes and they can't source any easily. I don't suppose anyone has a reasonable set in their parts bin they might consider selling me, or knows if there are any aftermarket options to buy some new? I've had a good google and can't see anything.

Any help to keep the old girl rolling greatly appreciated!
sjp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:56 PM   #2
sjp001
Grown up member

Just attaching a pic of the part. 7zap says the part no is 8A0 412 034. I'm struggling to find any if anyone has any ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AUDI-80-90-COUPE-QUATTRO-Federbein-M12-Federbeinrohre.jpg (20.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-05-21, 03:50 PM   #3
mikes2
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

You could potentially source parts from an earlier car and enlarge the holes to 14mm.

The only thing to look out for is the mounts for the anti roll bar drop links
Old 11-05-21, 08:36 AM   #4
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Where are you based?
There is a white 80 tdi saloon being broken advertised on eBay in Bury St Edmonds. LHD but front struts should be the same.
tractor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 10:16 AM   #5
sjp001
Grown up member

Dave as always you've been a totally brilliant help, thank you! I hadn't spotted that one at all when I checked the other day. I've sent the seller a message so fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help also Mike, really appreciate it! I was looking into it and it was sounding like there might be some other differences between the b3 and b4 struts... mind you I struggled to find some of those too.
Old 11-05-21, 05:59 PM   #6
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Happy to help. If you have no joy, you can send your old struts to me. There is a local guy near me that will blast them and powder coat for you for about £80. That's as long as their not rusted through (which I doubt very much as they are well built).
Old 13-05-21, 06:18 PM   #7
sjp001
Grown up member

You're too kind Dave, thanks a lot! I've got the car back so I'm going to jack it up when it stops raining and take a look at them.
Old 13-05-21, 06:52 PM   #8
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Where are you based?
I'm in west Wales and have a two post lift. Happy to help.
Old 23-05-21, 02:15 PM   #9
sjp001
Grown up member

Dave, sorry I've somehow not spotted your message... Honestly thanks so much that's amazing and such a kind offer!! I always think it's great how generous and helpful people like yourself and the community are here. I'm based in Devon so I'm too far to be pestering you haha, and I'd feel bad wasting your time and taking up your equipment.

Still pouring with rain here but will take a proper look at them once it perks up a bit.
Old 23-05-21, 02:32 PM   #10
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp001 View Post
Dave, sorry I've somehow not spotted your message... Honestly thanks so much that's amazing and such a kind offer!! I always think it's great how generous and helpful people like yourself and the community are here. I'm based in Devon so I'm too far to be pestering you haha, and I'd feel bad wasting your time and taking up your equipment.

Still pouring with rain here but will take a proper look at them once it perks up a bit.
Only a couple of hours away. Happy to help if I can. Love working on these old Audi's