Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Who else has one

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-20, 12:58 PM   #1
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default Who else has one

Just wondering if any other members own a TT ?

Remember now that some MK1 TT's are 22 years old and accepted as modern classics, i'm not sure on the exact year this forum started up but i think some of the B4's were younger than that...........perhaps.

Don't be shy, let me know if you have one and stick a photo on if poss.

Here's hoping
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-20, 12:32 PM   #2
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default

More than one person has posted they have one in other threads.

Cmon, piccies of them please.
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-20, 06:25 PM   #3
droopsnoot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Cheshire
Posts: 167
Default

I have a 2000 TT Roadster 225, I bought it around 2003 and wasn't going to keep it, but I'm not very good at getting rid of cars. Just about to turn 180k miles any time now.

This seems to be the only photo I have for it, other than those when I have to fix something.



As for classics, I have been to classic car shows with my seventies Vauxhall and seen newer TTs than mine on display as classics. Depends on the show organiser, really.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-20, 08:25 PM   #4
KB_Yorks
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Default

I have one, silver 225 BHP with 155k on - I would have to dig out a photo. Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet. I bought it 8 years ago for what I thought was a cheap price (prices even lower now) and has been a great car in the time ive had it. Not much room (well no room at all) in the engine bay for even simple repairs. It may have to be sold soon though as its only a two seater and ive recently had a new born baby so may need something bit more practice.
KB_Yorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-20, 08:06 AM   #5
droopsnoot
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: South Cheshire
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB_Yorks View Post
Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet.
Exactly the same here - I have to stop myself referring to it as my "modern".

The engine bay lack of room is a bit of a pain at times, I recently did the cam belt / water pump swap on mine and it's a fiddle. Last time, I got someone else to do it because I took one look at the lack of room, but I wish I hadn't as it's worse than it looks. Now, the clutch master cylinder, that really *is* a pain to do, buried down behind the engine everything is done at arms length. Fortunately places like the TT Forum web site have a lot of helpful people who've already done virtually every job and taken lots of photos.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-20, 07:21 AM   #6
anthonys2
Grown up member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Am quite a fan of the TTs throughout its various forms through the years. My neighbour has a 17 plate white TTS and it’s gorgeous and up the village a guys has a mk1 TT 3.2 with full Milltek which sounds incredible. Mk1 defo a modern day classic now and good examples are rising quickly especially the “Sport” 240bhp examples.
anthonys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-20, 10:38 AM   #7
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default

Thanks for the replies guys
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-20, 10:40 AM   #8
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopsnoot View Post
I have a 2000 TT Roadster 225, I bought it around 2003 and wasn't going to keep it, but I'm not very good at getting rid of cars. Just about to turn 180k miles any time now.

This seems to be the only photo I have for it, other than those when I have to fix something.



As for classics, I have been to classic car shows with my seventies Vauxhall and seen newer TTs than mine on display as classics. Depends on the show organiser, really.

No summer piccie ?
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-20, 10:45 AM   #9
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB_Yorks View Post
I have one, silver 225 BHP with 155k on - I would have to dig out a photo. Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet. I bought it 8 years ago for what I thought was a cheap price (prices even lower now) and has been a great car in the time ive had it. Not much room (well no room at all) in the engine bay for even simple repairs. It may have to be sold soon though as its only a two seater and ive recently had a new born baby so may need something bit more practice.

Yep, no good for kiddie seats at all

I think we think new because they still look very modern,funny how we do that.

Do you have a photo ?
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-20, 10:50 AM   #10
sinbin5t
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member
 
sinbin5t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where a spike points skywards
Posts: 12,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonys2 View Post
Am quite a fan of the TTs throughout its various forms through the years. My neighbour has a 17 plate white TTS and it’s gorgeous and up the village a guys has a mk1 TT 3.2 with full Milltek which sounds incredible. Mk1 defo a modern day classic now and good examples are rising quickly especially the “Sport” 240bhp examples.

TTS

You are right about prices rising quickly now, an AVERAGE MK1 3.2 is now touching 5k, that is a big jump !

A restoration MK1 3.2 is 2k now


Can you get a photo of the TTS ?
sinbin5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna