Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Parts For Sale » B4 Avant Hella Treser smoked rear light set

Old 04-09-20, 08:02 PM   #1
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Default B4 Avant Hella Treser smoked rear light set

Genuine Hella dark Treser style rear light set for Avant. Central bar (90 style) and outer lights. I also have the adapted handle for the tailgate. I am told these are very rare. No cracks and in good condition. I'm not keen on posting these but may be in the South East next week. £250.
tractor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:04 PM   #2
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-20, 08:12 PM   #3
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Nice period mod there Dave and a lot of S2’s are modified cosmetically, however like UR’s the emphasis is moving back to original as the cars reach their 30th birth year.
Old 04-09-20, 08:43 PM   #4
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

I think they would have looked really cool on my Avant and the plan was to fit them. I started by removing my central lights and luckily had a spare handle which I modified. However, when I came to remove the outer lights I found that the total idiots who painted my car had used panel bond to seal them in.
Removing them would have totally destroyed them and as they were new old stock mint lights I fitted last year, I decided to abort the mission
Old 04-09-20, 08:55 PM   #5
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor Dave View Post
I think they would have looked really cool on my Avant and the plan was to fit them. I started by removing my central lights and luckily had a spare handle which I modified. However, when I came to remove the outer lights I found that the total idiots who painted my car had used panel bond to seal them in.
Removing them would have totally destroyed them and as they were new old stock mint lights I fitted last year, I decided to abort the mission
That’s beyond criminal Dave. They don’t need anything like that to seal them, as you know. With our Ur resto I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to strip down and build up the car myself and be actively engaged with John at JMR as the work progressed. Details like you describe fortunately were never going to be an issue. Is there any releasing agent for panel bond or is it game over?
Old 04-09-20, 08:58 PM   #6
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

Nothing I am aware of. I was going to use a guitar string to cut them out but there wasn't enough room.