Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » so what did ya get for christmas then....?

Old 27-12-13, 06:42 PM   #1
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Default so what did ya get for christmas then....?

I got a Go Pro Hero 3 off the wife with fixings for roll cage so I'm a happy man!
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 07:15 PM   #2
yeti
Classic Audi Club Member

Pissed
More Polos that you'd ever believe
No time, no money, all the wrong tools and a workshop that's too far away
yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 07:18 PM   #3
Eddy
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

scalelectric ur quattro
Thanks Bro

Top gears perfect road trip - pure shite

A day off
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 07:39 PM   #4
geneandbolly
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
scalelectric ur quattro
what a cool present! i got sweet F.A. - been working all week and haven't seen the family yet.
tomorrow is my christmas day - a 100 odd mile drive to my parents' place in perthshire in the 90 (always awesome) so hopefully i'll get GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip*, or Evel Knievel's Stunt Cycle, a Dinky Space 1999 Eagle Transporter etc etc

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4fVgVVpiw

Old 27-12-13, 07:53 PM   #5
ChrisG
Classic Audi Club Member

Volkswagen Camper 6 Decades of success, full of photos etc 400 pages so a good read, loads of period pictures.
I have a soft spot for aircooled VWs, car and transporters - long before the current crazy prices started!
2 Beetles and a 412 estate - before moving onto my Audi 80 Sport!
Coxy, I 've been hearing that Go Pro is excellent for mountain bikers to use ..... probably really only good on red or black routes
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 08:02 PM   #6
Coxy
4 Ring Mafia
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Volkswagen Camper 6 Decades of success, full of photos etc 400 pages so a good read, loads of period pictures.
I have a soft spot for aircooled VWs, car and transporters - long before the current crazy prices started!
2 Beetles and a 412 estate - before moving onto my Audi 80 Sport!
Coxy, I 've been hearing that Go Pro is excellent for mountain bikers to use ..... probably really only good on red or black routes
Seen videos done by Free runners, Mountain bikers, rock climbers, rally drivers, hill climb cars all using Go Pro and the pics are superb.

There was a chap at the Breakfast Club meet using one attached to a quad copter doing an ariel video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKy_G_FuPrs
Coxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 09:00 PM   #7
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
Pissed
+1

Hangover was easily managed with aid of Guinness, and less shots.
Old 27-12-13, 09:20 PM   #8
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Couple or rare t shirts, one is a genuine misfits one so pleased there
Bottle of woodford reserve
A tagine
Gt6 for the PS3
Habitat picture frames
Chili chocolate
An Innes & Gunn beer selection of original, IPA and rum
Wine glasses

Err, lots of alcohol related stuff actually, cheers!
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13, 09:37 PM   #9
missfire
making wooden things
Classic Audi Club Member

3/8 giant deep socket set (! ) and a big box from ebay with a tiny black PS2 with about a million games, controllers, memory cards () and a steering wheel and pedals (!)

Proud to say that in 37 years of life this is my first ever games console, never had one, never wanted one and never had time to play games and pretty sure that won't change now that I've got one. but i suppose it's the thought that counts...

The PS2 is not a problem in itself, having absolutely nowhere to put the fkn thing is the problem, now that the house is full to the brim with kids *in' toys!! seriously, I'm either going to have to spend the next month building shelves and cupboards, or move to a bigger house. It's beyond a fekin joke. Plastic plastic and more plastic. My suggestion to get them a pedal car each(which could have been stored outside... and would look hUUge under the tree, was clearly ignored)

Anyway, I'm glad it's over, I'm sure plenty of gold flowed to china in the process (I notice they were doing a covert extraction from the bank of Hawaii recently) but I do maintain that I firmly hate christmas, I hate jesus and father christmas, and am resigned to the same fkn thing happening every year for the rest of my life.

I suppose at worst last year's toys that they haven't had a chance to look at yet could always go on the coal fire, toasty.

Bahh humbug.
missfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-13, 07:52 AM   #10
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfire View Post
3/8 giant deep socket set (! ) and a big box from ebay with a tiny black PS2 with about a million games, controllers, memory cards () and a steering wheel and pedals (!)

Proud to say that in 37 years of life this is my first ever games console, never had one, never wanted one and never had time to play games and pretty sure that won't change now that I've got one. but i suppose it's the thought that counts...

The PS2 is not a problem in itself, having absolutely nowhere to put the fkn thing is the problem, now that the house is full to the brim with kids *in' toys!! seriously, I'm either going to have to spend the next month building shelves and cupboards, or move to a bigger house. It's beyond a fekin joke. Plastic plastic and more plastic. My suggestion to get them a pedal car each(which could have been stored outside... and would look hUUge under the tree, was clearly ignored)

Anyway, I'm glad it's over, I'm sure plenty of gold flowed to china in the process (I notice they were doing a covert extraction from the bank of Hawaii recently) but I do maintain that I firmly hate christmas, I hate jesus and father christmas, and am resigned to the same fkn thing happening every year for the rest of my life.

I suppose at worst last year's toys that they haven't had a chance to look at yet could always go on the coal fire, toasty.

Bahh humbug.
I am guessing like most of us on here you have a garage... well, if you pick up a cheap TV and put it in there you can start a man-cave and have even more excuses to spend time in there. the PS2 also plays music CDs, so I am thinking if you don't have a stereo in the garage...
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote