Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Don't post any speeding on internet

Old 14-06-20, 07:17 PM   #1
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Don't post any speeding on internet

Seen this on the news on my phone, just thought I would share, driver has been arrested and charged with dangerous driving, watch the car he passes like the are sitting still, also I think he is driving with one hand on the wheel and the other holding his phone filming the dash speed.

https://youtu.be/a3_bUMqRFVI
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 07:35 PM   #2
droopsnoot
Grown up member

To be fair, that's a little bit more than just "speeding", 200-odd mph on a public road with one hand off the steering wheel using a handheld mobile phone. Not the first time these things have become popular and action has resulted - it's almost as if people think no-one in the traffic division can use the internet.
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 08:44 PM   #3
moonwatcher
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Apart from the driver being a stupid idiot who cares about nobody, he then proves he is a complete thicko by releasing the footage, I've checked in the dictionary for the correct spelling of IDIOT, there is no F in idiot but he is the exception to the rule. He is the "F in idiot"
Old 14-06-20, 09:05 PM   #4
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

That made the TV news here a few months ago. It was filmed on the M23 near Gatwick and at the time, all the report said was the car was believed to be a black Audi. They did say that there are only two cars in the South of England capable of that speed but it has taken Plod several months to trace the driver of the vehicle and bring him to justice. I suppose they have been too busy following innocent people who might have been breaking quarantine rules.
The driver is from Crawley and was charged with dangerous driving and his passenger from Horsham was charged with aggravated vehicle taking.
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 08:35 AM   #5
BackintheFold
Classic Audi Club Member

Same type of people who call in sick, then post on facebook about how they've gone to the park because its a sunny day and they've got a hangover...
BackintheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 08:01 PM   #6
Minty
Classic Audi Club Member

Nothing good to be said about the guy, too stupid or selfish to consider the effect on others if he gets it wrong, and plankton for posting it...
1986 GT 2.0 Tornado Red - long gone
2001 A6 2.4 V6 - exported to Ireland
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 08:16 PM   #7
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

The problem Is with the modern world. This behaviour went on (v-maxing cars) regularly up until the point social media, in car cameras and all the roadside speed detection stuff rocked up. It was just bragging rights and being called out as a bullshiter in the local pub.... If nobody saw you, then you didn’t do it. So bragging didn’t cut the mustard...

Social media gives the opportunity to prove bragging rights, at risk.
Old 16-06-20, 04:08 PM   #8
4v6
Ex Member
Classic Audi Club Member

Utterly selfish basts imho.
They care nothing about other road users or the fact that sooner or later their lack of skill will put them into the scenery and usually takes some innocents with them.
We currently have idiots doing 95+ in a 30 zone by me, begging for a monumental smash before long.
4v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-20, 07:00 PM   #9
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I did add a comment about this on the MSN forum , he is pretty stupid for sure.... He only had to wait a few months and could have done it legally on the autobahns (hopefully with both hands on the wheel) as I did back in 2018 and got the Cq over 152mph and still perfectly stable and I know the cars capabilities after 30 years in my care and it was 8am and very quiet. I only did two runs at speed..... was more concerned about getting stone chips
Our roads are just not designed for these speeds (hit a tiny pot hole at that speed and you'd need to be better than Tiff Needell to get it back) and neither is the driver training here or skill of most drivers. The Germans are much more disciplined and anticipate that the outer lane might have a 200mph car storming along and act accordingly.
I still cannot believe motorway driving is not part of the Driving test here.....

Coupe quattro 1986:-~450bhp + loooong list of mods!
Audi A7 Bi-TDI SLine Black edition 2015 mapped to produce 600lb/ft torque!
Audi S4 4.2 V8 cabriolet 2004:-
20vcqdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-20, 11:47 AM   #10
droopsnoot
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver View Post
and neither is the driver training here or skill of most drivers.
That's the bit that would concern me the most - only needed one of those cars he passed to drift out a bit. I recall one of the magazine tales about driving a group of Ferraris or similar back from Italy, commenting on how, on the autobahn, drivers of slower cars will show that they've seen a faster car approaching on their left by indicating right, which seems very sensible. Over here we're more likely to have someone do the opposite "just for fun".
droopsnoot is offline   Reply With Quote