Classic Audi » Audi Sport / Competition » Audi sport & history » VAG Press cars?

Old 25-01-17, 03:33 PM   #21
Kenquattro
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicracecar View Post
Would indeed be interesting to know how many VAG press cars there were originally.

The Quattro I have, 'BRP 223X' was actually one of original Audi Quattro press cars, which then got converted to rally specification by David Sutton Motorsport / Audi Sport UK in 1982. Before turning into a rally car it was featured in a number of VAG Press materials and CAR Magazine did a good article on the car in Apr 1982 where they followed the Monte Carlo Rally in it...

VAG Press photo of BRP 223X attached.
Good to see you on here.
Kenquattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-17, 04:12 PM   #22
classicracecar
Newbie!

Thanks KenQuattro - should have joined this forum years ago!

A few more photos of BRP 223X from when it followed the Monte Carlo Rally in 1982 for an article in CAR Magazine... It was not long after the photo shoot that the car went to David Sutton Motorsport and got converted to a rally car.

classicracecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 01:35 PM   #23
V6Rob
Grown up member

Interesting my coupe is L*** KRP and was first registered as VAG car just thought that was just pre-reg to get the sales up...
V6Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 06:34 PM   #24
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Rob View Post
Interesting my coupe is L*** KRP and was first registered as VAG car just thought that was just pre-reg to get the sales up...
Our old 1988 coupe quattro B3 reg was F924VRP it was reg on the 14th Nov 1998 by Vag UK, never saw it in a magazine but thought it could have been one of the first in the country or maybe the one they had at the NEC show in October 1988 that I sat in, as that was a white 10v quattro, always like to think that perhaps it was ! We finally sold in in 2006 having owned it since 1993. Appears to be deceased now as last MOT ran out in Nov 2014
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 07:31 AM   #25
V6Rob
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrodave View Post
Our old 1988 coupe quattro B3 reg was F924VRP it was reg on the 14th Nov 1998 by Vag UK, never saw it in a magazine but thought it could have been one of the first in the country or maybe the one they had at the NEC show in October 1988 that I sat in, as that was a white 10v quattro, always like to think that perhaps it was ! We finally sold in in 2006 having owned it since 1993. Appears to be deceased now as last MOT ran out in Nov 2014
DVLA shows it's still SORNed so hopefully it's sitting in a garage somewhere waiting to be resurrected noticed it did lass than 3k miles per year so shouldn't have deteriorated that much
V6Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 07:17 PM   #26
quattrodave
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Saw it for sale on ebay somewhere in Lincolnshire in 2013 at £2000 (we paid £6500 in 1993, sold it for £800 in 2006) I recall the rear arches were repaired during our ownership as rust was setting in at 15 years old so methinks its probably rusting away merrily somewhere !
quattrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-19, 08:00 AM   #27
Janny
Newbie!

Send a message via Skype™ to Janny

This is so informative and wonderful to watch.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-19, 03:33 PM   #28
Bugmaster
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenquattro View Post

I would be pretty certain that it was originally a VAG UK car/Press car. In the service book, it will have the stamp of the supplying dealer inside the first page. If it was a VAG UK car, it will have the VAG UK Milton Keynes stamp.
Phil Short's old red 20V was a G+++ KVV reg originally,before it had his plate on it.

There was also a Glacier 90 quattro 20V with a G+++ KVV reg used in a CAR Magazine Giant Test in early 1990.

A lot of the high end Audis of that era were VAG UK registered, especially the V8s, 100 Turbos etc.
Hi All

That is correct Ken, I am lucky enough to own Phil Short's 20v and in the service book it does have the VAG UK Milton Keynes stamp in it.

Before Phil owned it, it was used for six months by a senior company director.

Regards
Bugmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 04:44 PM   #29
QuattroBird
Grown up member

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/1990%2Caudi

Hi. Does yours still have the sport esq bonnet with quick releases and Audi sport rear decals? The front bumper is non-standard in this picture of yours with what looks like an additional air intake nicely added. Is it updated on the inter-cooler hence the need to move the reg to the bonnet?
QuattroBird is offline   Reply With Quote