Classic Audi » Classifieds section » Cars For Sale » Audi Cabriolet 2.6 Final Edition

Old 07-11-17, 08:37 PM   #1
DGSdale
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Audi Cabriolet 2.6 Final Edition
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Cabriolet 2.6 Final Edition Manual
Price : £4295
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd

For Sale.

Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.6 Final Edition. First registered in June 2000 in Ming Blue pearl with Windsor blue Soft top and 5 speed manual gearbox. It now has excellent condition 'Bolero' 17" Alloy Wheels . This a genuinely reluctant sale but I feel uncomfortable using it as a (almost) daily driver and not being able to garage it through the winter. Although it is perfectly capable of being used this way, I feel it is too good and deserves better. I also no longer have the time I would like to spend keeping it in top condition.
The car has now covered 73,000miles and drives superbly with excellent oil pressure (close to 5 bar at around 2000rpm). All the instruments, the heated seats, heating and ventilation, dashboard and switch illumination, remote central locking, 'Delta' original factory fit Radio/Casette/CD player and the power operated Soft top all work exactly as they should. The only thing that doesn't work is the factory fit electric aerial. It now works as a manual aerial which I preferred rather than fitting an incorrect after market item. I bought the car on 66500miles in good condition nearly two years ago without service history but have the receipt from the previous owner for the replacement of the Cambelt, Tensioner and Idler pulleys, Water pump and Oil cooler in August 2015 at 66000miles. There is also a receipt for the replacement of the rear screen. This is still very clear but does have a light crease in it. I have since brought the car up to what I would describe as excellent condition.
The car has been fully serviced in my ownership with Plugs, filters and two oil changes (fully synthetic).
The paintwork has been fully machine polished.
The brakes have been overhauled with new discs and pads all round. The popular conversion to the Audi S2 twin piston front calipers with new flexible hoses was done at the same time.
The front strut top mounts have been replaced with Meyle heavy duty items.
The rear light/reflector panel was replaced with a genuine brand new item.
The front two tyres are new Michelin Pilot Sport 4. The rears are half worn Pilot Sport 2/3
Various small rubber seals and trim pieces have been replaced.
The rubber trims along the bottom of the doors were all replaced by a previous owner and are in excellent condition.
All this has been fully documented with receipts in what is now a comprehensive history.
The car comes complete with two keys, an after market wind deflector, high quality Audi scripted carpet mats (4), and an unopened, genuine First Aid kit
The only problem the car has given in my ownership is an intermittently excessive idle speed due to a faulty Idle Stabilisation Valve. The Valve was replaced in August.
There is information by a previous owner in this thread:

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=32719

And further information in this thread that I started:

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=34856

Unfortunately, the wonderful Photobucket have pulled all the pictures in these threads but if you're interested in this car, you'll find it useful reading.

Contact Dave on 07989 105693 or 01962 884537

2000 B4 80 2.6 Cabriolet Final Edition - Ming Blue - sold - & missed
2003 C5 A6 3.0 quattro Avant - Night Blue - current
1998 C5 A6 2.8 quattro Avant - Ming Blue - sold
1994 B4 80 2.6SE Avant - Indigo Pearl - sold - & missed
1993 B4 80 2.0 16V Sport - Gomera Green - sold

Last edited by DGSdale; 08-11-17 at 03:27 PM.
DGSdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 12:37 PM   #2
DGSdale
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Now sold.
Old 22-01-18, 03:58 PM   #3
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

It was a lovely car and example, is the new owner on here by any chance?
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 07:59 PM   #4
DGSdale
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

It was - is - a superb car and, I have to say, a whole load better than when you last saw it. That was the reason I sold it as it became clear, for various reasons that I wasn't going to be able to maintain it to the standard I had got it up to. The last thing I wanted was for it to deteriorate in any way so the right decision, despite being gutted about it, was to let it go to a good home. I'm confident it has gone to a good home and the new owner has made it clear he will never sell it having regretted selling his previous one a few years ago.
The new owner is on here as a newbie so I'll let him introduce himself as and when.
We now have a replacement in the shape of a B6 A4 3.0 Sport Cab. Never be a classic but I'm surprised how impressed I am with it. I'll get it right up to a decent standard but won't be paranoid about keeping it spotless - I hope!
Old 22-01-18, 09:34 PM   #5
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

When i said how nice the car was i was referring to the attention you had given it and lavished upon it.
Good to hear it's going to a newbie who's going to look after it and introduce themselves to us.
It's been a pleasure and it's sad to see a good member go.

All the best with the B6 Cabriolet.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 10:38 PM   #6
DGSdale
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
When i said how nice the car was i was referring to the attention you had given it and lavished upon it.
Good to hear it's going to a newbie who's going to look after it and introduce themselves to us.
It's been a pleasure and it's sad to see a good member go.

All the best with the B6 Cabriolet.
Thanks for the comments VDT. Who said I was going? I love the cars so I'll keep checking in to read about them and besides, there was a lengthy post on here a short while ago about Classic Audi forum accepting A series cars........and I've got two of them!: